Please point me in the right direction

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Godspeeed, Oct 26, 2009.

1. #1 Godspeeed, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    MJ revealed that I have been living life very unhealthy so I gave up fast food and drinking I also started to meditate which I LOVE doing. I would like to start living life healthier.

Where I am at now.

I was eating fast food at least 3+ times a week. Skipped many meals. My Sleep schedule is way off I go to sleep at like 5A.M wake up at like 2P.M. I don't drink enough water and I eat a lot of microwavable food and cookies and snacks.

I don't want to get buff or anything I just want to eat and live healthier like go running or something.

Can someone please post a link to a thread or give me a guide on what to eat and how to exercise.

Thank you

P.S I am not at all overweight I am 6'0 weighing 135 so in fact I am underweight.

2. can't help you out but it's always good to hear someone wanting to live a healthier life. GOOD LUCK!!!

3. its not hard not to eat fast food, go to a real resturaunt or somthing.. quit drining anything unhealthy also i just drink ice cold water everyday all day.

4. Resteraunts are way too expensive. I gotta cook some stuff for myself.

5. fish, grilled chicken, fruits, veggies, whole grain cereals, low fat milk, water, water, water.

6. if you want to change your sleep schedule, just set your alarm for 9 am...

wake up when it goes off and don't go back to sleep until the evening...

you'll get your sleep in control after just one or two mornings of that...

7. Sleep a stable pattern of 8-10 hours a night roughly. Some people need less sleep, some people need more.

Seeing as you are not overweight id say eat around 6 meals a day if you can.
    Drink copious amounts of water and possibly supplement in a vitamin tablet (always handy and some help to retain water).
    Meals
    Breakfast, mid morning snack, Lunch, Afternoon snacks, Dinner, After dinner

As for eating, dont skip any meals, especially breakfast.
    For breakfast: museli/toast/cereal etc would suffice. Juice of water is fine. Ontop of this you could have some yogurt and fruit, frozen berries or could mix it up with waffles or anything else that interests you haha.
    Inbetween meal snacks could include: Fruits, nuts, museli bars, rice, pasta etc ..(alot of what nixxxon said)
    Lunch: Rolls, sandwiches, pies, get your meats like chicken or fish etc... salmon or tuna is also really good. ( I presonally hate the taste but eat it for the protein and other benefits).
    Dinner: Meats, fruits and veggies; carrots, corn, peas, salads, potatos, some form of carb e.g. Potato, rice, noodles.
    After dinner: Ice-cream, apples, apple pie, bananas, biscuits, pretty much anything remotely healthy.
    And keep them fluids up son.

As for a workout:
    Cardio:
    Jog at a medium to quick pace x 1 mile (rest 1 minute)
    Sprint 150 metres x 5 (30 seconds - 1 minute rest between each sprint)
    Sprint 80 metres x 5 (30 seconds rest between each sprint)
    * This should get your heart racing bro, literally pumping out of your chest my homie *

If possible, some dumbbells would be of a real benefit to you. Pick up two, with interchangeable weights if possible.
    Otherwise you can do alot with body weight and a skipping rope.
    Boxing will turn you into a machine too if you were wanting to get into shape. Strength, power, agility, speed, cardio, conditioning and muscle.
    So many benefits its orgasmic.

Sick effort on coming to the healthy realization of life :)

8. #8 BCtokerr, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    ^^^ Thats a great idea and gives you a really good base to work from

just a couple things to add

Get a sleep pattern, go to bed before 12 if you can do 10 EVEN BETTER. Sleep is the key if you are having a good nights sleep you will feel better a hundred-fold

Start working out, you don't have to be a macho man and don't get discouraged cause some jacked guy can lift more weight then you. Know that you prob smoke better weed.

Do more social activites- even if you don't want to go chill with your buddies suggest doing an activity you like. The more active you are the more you will start to enjoy life.

If you enjoy meditation go to a hypnotherapist WHO KNOWS WHAT HES DOING. I've sat in a chair and had a guy talk me to hypnosis, it broke many fears and bad studying habits of mine and its like you get to be in heaven for a short period of time, you are like ultimate meditated. and hell, if you wanna quit puffin- get meditated IT WORKS!

Make your own meals(no they won't be as good)

Don't microwave shit unless its leftovers.