Please look over my shopping cart...am I missing anything?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xxChizampxx, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Hey guys, the wife gave in and is letting me get some supplies! Please see below and give advice on whether or not this is a decent setup for the price, what I could add, where I could do better, etc. Also, has anyone ever bought from www.elitehydroponics.com? Are they legit?

Thanks

LK4120
    Lumatek 400W 120V HPS/MH Elect Ballast
    $133.95

$133.95

RD6AC4S
    Radiant 6" with 400 watt bulb extention
    $116.95

$116.95

BUHL400HD
    Hortilux Blue (Daylight) Super Metal Halide Bulb, 400W
    $84.95

$84.95

BUSD400B
    Hortilux Super HPS Enhanced Spectrum Bulb, 400W
    $60.95

$60.95

MY1M50
    Reflective Mylar Film, 50' x 4 1/2', 1 mil
    $19.95

$19.95

RFSR
    SunRise Reflector Hanging System
    $12.95

$12.95

GH1432
    FloraBloom 1 Quart.
    $8.95

$8.95

GH1422
    FloraGro 1 Quart.
    $8.95

$8.95

2. a good ph meter.
    ph up/down.

3. The Hortilux bulbs won't last long in the electronic ballast. They will burn out or the arc tube on the HPS will fall of.

4. Why are you buying 1qt of flora bloom/grow? Do you already have the micro? Are you making a mistake here and trying to go by the lucas formula(micro and bloom)? Just trying to make sure you are ordering the right stuff, I could be way off here.

5. High Tech Garden Supply all the way if you have access to eBay/paypal :wave:

6. Toke$ter - I was told that I would just need the Floragro and the Florabloom. They sell a Floramicro too that is necessary? I'll have to look this up and research it a bit more.

Grass69 - I haven't read that Hortilux bulbs aren't good for electronic ballasts. What are some high-quality bulbs you'd recommend then?

onlybuilt4 - I did some comparison shopping and elitehydro was significantly cheaper than HTGS. My only concern is that I haven't been able to find reviews on elitehydro.

Thanks guys

7. #7 grass69, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    Hortilux sent out a bulletin to all wholesalers and retail stores that electronic ballasts are not compatible with their bulbs. They will also not warranty bulbs that are damaged from electronic ballast use

The electronic ballasts vibrate the arc tube at very high frequncies and then break the welds/bonds on the arc tube which either falls off or the bulb burn out.

8. Ding ding ding

Quality + Customer Service, even with a higher price is always a win in my book

Price ain't everything

remember that