Please Look At These?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DazedandConfused, May 9, 2014.

1. #1 DazedandConfused, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Im not really sure what to look for with these 2 girls. If anyone can comment and make any suggestions..

They sprouted above service april 10th... 

just started 1/4 nutes last week from a 2 litre bottle and there isn't much left. They are under a fluorescent during the night and outside during the day.
    #1 has yellowing tips.
    #2 just started getting some brown tips

#1 http://s12.postimg.org/np4jphzhp/20140508_213340.jpg
    [​IMG]

#2 lil runty http://s12.postimg.org/wy6pzm8dp/20140508_213354.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. #3 DazedandConfused, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    I've been weighing the pots using a scale. i wait until they feel empty. I think its lack of light because i just recently started to put them outside daily. 
    \nI think lack of light and over feeding..
    \nI will keep a better eye on my water though and make 100% sure they are dry and weigh them first as well
    \nalso i dont have a PH tester... so im worried about that... Should i use distilled water for now? and nutes once a week with water
    \n\n\n(for some reason a bunch of posts were deleted in this thread.... someone did help me earlier and noted to feed once a week.... 
    \nno idea why they are being deleted.

3. Okay so I over did the fert a bit should I flush or use just straight water for awhile. Is she going to be okay

4. i dont know...but i think the 3rd internode BARELY sprouting is too soon to start fetilizing.

maybe you can do a light flush and just feed water for a bit.

My advise from my NOOB experience:
    I still consider myself a noob, experience wise but I have done A LOT of research. I actually finally got the stones to register on here cuz i was heavy on the old school OG forums...and it wasnt a good feeling when it shut down....especially as a young stoner!lol So here goes...

i know as a new grower i ALWAYS jumped the fucking gun...it was ridiculous how often i overwatered, overferted, and over everything i possibly could (thank god i didnt know about supercropping then)!  the worst part about it is...I KNEW I WAS DOING IT! and i still did it! now im not saying i intentionally did it AT ALL...but what Im saying is that i would always post and get all kinds of excellent insight and advise and take it....but eventually revert back to the impatient jumping the gun by convincing myself it was going to be different this time (sound like an abused gf huh!)

MJ is a incredibly resilient plant. over watering prolly not a big deal to MJ in the grand scheme of it all...unless youre waterboarding her like shes with ben lodden (spelling?). NOW...overferting...you.will.kill.your.plant. and if you dont kill it your are kicking yourself in the nuts in regards to what you harvest! Ive killed 2 plants overferting (over 2 years)...and I ruined a stupidly (once) juicy ICE that i decided would obviously be 10 times more awesome if i gave it a little more than recommended on the nutes (the following year after killing the previous 2 i mentioned). i dont have to tell you it wasnt any more awesome and got unhealthy as hell and i had to flush her like crazy and prolly over flushed....i did harvest something (under an oz, outdoor tho) and the smoke was great...so I get super upset imaging how stupidly awesome it was supposed to be.

Moral of the story:
    BE PATIENT! Let the MJ tell you what it wants! (not telling you to give it some veg nutes once the entire plants yellow or anything like that tho)

Good luck!

5. OUTSIDE: I wait until June to feed my plants. Once a month 1 tsp per gallon. I use vigoro for veg stage and bottanicare for the flower stage. They are plants, not humans or animals. A little nute go a long way. Good luck!

take this advice....from now on in your life! 

if you dont believe him...wait until your ladies are thirsty, for either nutes OR water. if you want an instant example...let your plants dry out a bit, and theyll droop and look sad...give them some water, come back 15 minutes later and theyre ready to rockNroll again! Once its nute time do the same....if youre doing it right the ladies let you know, right away! (insert rimshot)

7. #8 DazedandConfused, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014

Lmao.. i have misted them with water a few times :D if that counts

i did flush both plants with water the day after posting this. I will continue to water without nutes until june.

I started the plants on the window sill and a 15w flourecent tube on April 10th they sprouted above ground..

Its kinda pathetic how small they are after 30 days. but with where im located i couldn't exactly set up a grow op and i just used what i had on hand.. I spent zero besides the nutes and its killing them lol.

Im just trying to keep them alive until i can transplant them outside when its warm enough. Hopefully may 24.

8. I wouldn't use nutes past 48hrs of mixing even if kept refrigerated. When your single bladed leaves start dying off is when I would start using nutes at a 25% mix raito of what the manufacturer recommends. Start off light and work your way up to full strength depending on how the plants respond to it.  What are your night time temps currently?

9. #10 DazedandConfused, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014

wow really? so i should throw out whats left over in this bottle i mixed last week with water?

they sit really close to the florescent tube due to space constraints. id say 2-3 inches.

The cotyledon leaves were wilted and browned to the point they looked like fall leaves. I just didnt' wana crush them off and disturb it naturally. This is also why i started to feed, been trying to educate myself with videos, media and forums. Still it seems one wrong move and the plant hates you. 

10. Id say why u even using nutes already, waiting for mine to tell me when they need nutes. 4 weeks in and they really healthy just plain tap water and a good soil.

the tips started to yellow... before i was using nutes

12. #13 tplat, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    If you lose the 2 small round starter leaves to early then sometimes you need to start nutes earlier then normal. The 2 small round leaves and single bladed leaves contain all the food the plant needs for the first 2-3 weeks of its life. As for PH if your going to be using chemical based nutes then you need one soon. With chemical based nutes your relying on the PH being around 6.5 for optimal nutrient uptake with out nute lock out and or deficiencies. You can pick up a cheap digital PH meter on Ebay or Amazon pretty cheap but you will also need some calibration solution and something to adjust the PH like PH Up & PH Down. Nutes usualy lower the PH while straight tap water usualy has a higher PH.

13. #14 DazedandConfused, May 12, 2014

I'll try to find a ph tester soon
    here is the weed it came from. nice lil heart bud. 2 gram nug.

[​IMG]

14. #15 DazedandConfused, May 12, 2014
  15. dude....hate to say it...but that thing looks absolutely terrible. I dont know if the nutes did that or it was a bad seed. But you look like youre on your 3rd internode from seed....i was already topping at that point and my plants looked...well like plants. 

Go grab another seed and start over ASAP! DO NOT FEED any nutes untill it is a further developed plant.

16. #18 DazedandConfused, May 12, 2014
    i guess you didnt read the thread on what i had to work with. there are 2 plants btw

not starting over. will continue to keep them alive until its warm enough to go outside.

17. no i read it. You had seedlings. you decided to fertilize them. why? "yellow tips" I guess.

Dont start over. you have 2 plants. theyre looking pretty consistent. You should be good once it warms up. Consider using more nutes, I still see some yellow.

Good luck.

ok. thanks for the espert advice. prick