PLease look at my first time growbox setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BoyintheBUbble, Oct 4, 2006.

1. PLease look at my setup, can this support veggitative growth well?
    1. 1 1 gallon plastic container with 10-15 holes aeound bottom for drainage
    2. 1 premium seed.
    3. 1 wood Grow box, 20"h X 18"l X 13"w
    4. 1 42watt mini spiral flor,,,,,,2600 lumens
    5. soil mix of 3 part peatmoss, 1 part perlite, 1 part vermiculite, 1 part organic compost, after mixing, i waters until saoil was very moist, not run off.
    6. Light is hanging from an adjustable chain under a clamp lamp.
    7. Interior walls painted a flat white for insulation
    8. 1 small computer fan blowing at level of current growth , I drilled a hole a plant level, will need to adjust of plant ever grows..
    9. 1 clear plastic bag covering plant pot, was told to leave until leaves touch bag
    10. 1 larger 8"fan on light in case of heat.
    11. temperature range is 75-81 degrees.
    12. The lighting is currently set on a time of 18/6 and is wabout 4 inches from baby seedling (bag stil around top)
    In addition, I have an extra 32watt mini spiral flor bulb w/ 1900 lumens, should i add this? I know this isnt perfect, but ive tried to ensure a decent environment, im mostly worried about the lighting, please let me know what u all think

[​IMG]>

Attached Files:

2. what colors are your flouros? look for a number like 2000k- 7000k on le bulb.

3. 2700k. Says soft white and is comparable to a 150watt regualr bulb. THis is a 10$ bulb i got from home depot.

4. Definitely add the other cfl.

5. I added a 30 watts cfl daylight extra spiral bulb made by Sylvania.

2Bulbs Total

1. 1 42 watt soft white cfl 2600 lumens, 2700k
    2. 1 30 watt daylight cfl 1845 lumens, 3500k.
    I figure I will use them both as long as my plant thrives under these conditions.

6. 2700K is in the red spectrum which is used for flowering. You need blue for optimal vegging. Look for something around 6400-6500K and hold on to the ones you have for when you're going to bloom.

7. K, well keep in mind that im getting this bulbs form home depot/lowes. Are u suggesting that I get another daylight bulb for the vegging? Could you be specific when u r referring to cfls please. Its only sprouting, but ive been using both lights, can i do that? When u add those 2 cfls together u get 6200k

8. K, or Kelvin, is a measurement of 'color temperature'. To put it simply, the number just represents a point on a scale of visible light. For more, look here.

Much like mixing paints, if you add orange to orange, you're not gonna get blue. You need to look on the packaging for it's color temperature in K(elvin) and find something around 6400.

I'm a about three weeks away from completing a grow done entirely with CFLs, so check out the log in my signature and I think you'll see what I mean.

9. I meant, Ok (K), I understand. Thank You, so are you telling me that 2 bulbs used together with an added Kelvin of 6500 is not the same? Or, are you telling me that i need to find 1 bulb that has 6500K. If so, where can I find such a strong bulb??? Stores or should I order. Either way, im currently using both bulbs but its only day 3, so I will def change bulbs if it means a quick drive to the store.

10. to put it as simply as possible Kelvin is the temperature at which the light burns, its sort of like soundwaves, the wavelengths of a 2500k and a 6400k bulb are different, therefore the color of the light is different. if you added both lights together it wouldn't add up to 6400 you'd just have twice the watts of the same color light. On a good note you can sucussfully and healthly vegg. with the lights you have, as before they are the wrong color but flouro's arent as important in that fact, just remember to keep the temps down and the bulbs as close to the tops as you can without burning the plants. Finally if you want to flower with the same bulbs I recomende from alot of experence to flower anykind of quality her you must atleast have 130watts or 30 watts per square foot, the optimum range is 60 watts per square foot, (cronic power):smoking:

11. can you reccomend at bulb I can purchase​