Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bnasty9976, Dec 21, 2012.

1. So I keep hearing contradicting opinion about keeping the lens on my HPS or taking them off half the people say it filters out the blue spectrum and to remove it an half the people say that that's crazy and those people don't know what they are talking about, can anyone clarify this before I set up my 6 1000w hps flowering room.

2. It does mute some light spectrum ..but it also helps keep heat out.I currently am experiminting with this with my air cooled hoods and it did raise room temps by 6degrees +/_.

3. Enough to make a difference in yield?

4. [quote name='"Bnasty9976"']So I keep hearing contradicting opinion about keeping the lens on my HPS or taking them off half the people say it filters out the blue spectrum and to remove it an half the people say that that's crazy and those people don't know what they are talking about, can anyone clarify this before I set up my 6 1000w hps flowering room.[/quote]

Honestly from what a great grower i know keep the lens off and adjust the height between light and plant throughout growth and maintain at an optimum level. Im very high.

5. That would heat stress my plants.

6. Look at it this way.

People have been doing really productive grows using both methods.

IMHO, a ventilated hood or cool tube allows you to place the bulb closer therefore receiving more lumens from your bulb.

Clear glass will not filter out the blue spectrum to any significant amount.