Please help with small height lighting setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by twistedfate911, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I am currently starting my first grow. I am doing it in a cabinet that is a little more than 3 feet tall, 1 1/2 feet deep, and 4 1/2 feet wide. I bought lowryder seeds so the plants should not get taller than 2 feet. I cant figure out what the best lighting setup would be for this area, because an hps would be very close to the plants and a hood would not even fit in there. I am planning to grow 4 feminized lowryders in there. Does anybody have any ideas on what i should do for the lighting?
    And also, does anybody know what the best soil setup is for an auto-flowering plant like this?
    Thanks in advanced for the help :):wave:

2. If i was you i would do a CFL grow and supply light from all sides. Place tube CFL's on the width of the cabinet, and spiral ones on top and the sides of the cabinet. If you can, even get lights on the cabinet door. You want about 300-350 watts of CFL lighting(not the converted incandescent wattage) for the 4 lowryders. They should be very bushy, so keep a fan in there too so the lights dont get too hot and burn the plants if they are touching them. For vegetative you will want some cool white CFL'S or daylight ones, and for flowering you will want some warm white CFL's. Or even a mixture of the two for the entire grow.