Please Help! (With pic)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Piink420, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Okay so this my first grow ever. I recently purchased clones from the dispensary and when I got them they looked nice and healthy standing up. I water the rock wool a little bit and misted them then put them in my grow tent. When I came back they weren't looking too good. Lots of curled up leaves some discoloration. I would love if someone could help me figure out what I did wrong and if I can save them.

Attached Files:

2. clones are meant to be kept in a humid condition as they feed through the leaves until the roots are developed properly, personally i would have put them straight in soil under a weak light at that stage they was quite far on and would expect some root to be present anyway, also was the ph level of the water you gave them correct, good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. and under what light and how close was it? some look salvagable

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1000 w Hps dimmed to 400w and about 2 feet away

5. I didn't test the ph of the water I just gave them tap water that I let sit out

6. Test the ph just to make sure it's on point. What's the temps? And RH? Can you give more information like ventilation, strain, lighting schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. They look burnt to me IMO. Not all of them, but you can see it was most likely the light. Or not enough humidity like mentioned above, and the light combined looks like a few are dried out.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. perhaps a propagator?

9. When leaves curl upwards that is your plants way of sweating it's to hot if you have 1000w hps usually needs to be accompanied by an ac unit due to heat

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh sorry now I c the photo clones without good enough root systems to b transplanted to ur grow med. They need to b in an incubator and misted reg. Until roots grow out of rockwool at that stage they are sensitive to temp. And need while in the incubator humidity levels near %100 till roots form and they are also very light sensitive I Only use cfls and t5s for clones however I'm new also to everything but that's what I kno also they look poorly grown with nute probs also

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. 1000 watts will bring you good stuff. Here's what you need to do:
    Check the grow area for hot spots. I would recommend a fan blowing some wind on the babies.
    I never tested my water for ph, but I let the water sit for 3-4 days before watering. This removes most of the chemicals water companies use to kill off bacteria.

I'm not sure what is causing this tho. I see some of the leaves with marks on them. Are you being careful to water the wool and not the leaves? 'Cuz water dropplets can and will burn your leaves.

12. Sorry for lack of details. I have an air cooled reflector with a 6" fan. In a 4x4 grow tent with two small 6" fans. I can say it does get pretty hot my grow tent is set up in a shed and it regularly 100 degrees and up every day.

• Like Like x 1
  13. This was before they went through their trauma

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Before they got damaged I light watered the rock wool afterwards I was misting them a lot and they looked a little better so I kept misting them

15. What's that?

16. its a little plastic box that gets really humid inside allows them to feed through the leaves until the roots can take over

17. U def need a propagation tray for clones to root(at least for a good percentage to take).there only like $40 on amazon but a must wen dealing with clones...in the light is fine,i start mine from bean on 400w,n turn my ballast up after they root ea wk until im at 1000w.if yur temps get that high u have to control that(air conditioner).they will never thrive n that

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yur humidity is more important then temps(my opinion).wen one goes up the other decreases always.....with 100° days i can bet yur humidity isnt high...you hav to get extremely high humidity wen getting clones to root(this is y u need to have propagation tray)but even after u root in remove cover to tray u will need 60% rh to have healthy hearty plants

• Like Like x 1
  19. The clones were raised under fluorescent light and when you put them under the 400 watt they got sun burned. Always put the light an additional foot away from normal distance . . . Three foot on your 400 watt. Move light closer every couple days until your at your normal growing distance.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Nice set up but light too close maybe get a fast food plastic tray to cover them to keep humidity and pull the light to about 3 to 4 ft away if that's all u can use for them ...