Please help with My Growroom (pic attached)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by b3nner, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Hello fellow growers.

I was wondering if I can get some opinions on my planned closet growroom.

what do you guys think?

here's what I have planned for my veggie room:

-cover the walls w/ mylar.
    -hang a 2ft" flouro fixture.
    -small oscillating fan.

now my plans for the flowering room:
    -cover the walls with mylar
    -hang a 400hps light fixture.
    -attach 2 doors for 12hours of uninterupted light

Attached Files:

2. Yea Nice i dea i think ....if correct lights n stuff
    like paint the walls Flat White i used this stuff from home depot called Kiltz With Odor Blocker ...... Doesnt Mildew at all ....i water tested it :)

\i think you should grow bublgum plants on the bottum and blueberry on the top Yummy Smell Good Too !!!

Ventilation You Need That

and a Real Good Imagination

3. ow many plants you going to have and you going to have some fans in your flowering room for ventalation :D

4. If your not going 2 have that many plants i would go wit the 250w hps because the 400w is pretty hard 2 keep the temp down and only with a small oscillating fan you gonna run into sum trouble

5. an0nym0us:
    I'll look into paint. I had thought that mylar was the best choice for the walls, oh and I'll definately be growing blueberry!

Blaze_420:
    My plan is to have 3 strains:

-White Widow
    -Durban Poison
    -Blueberry

I will have 1 mother for each strain and every month or so I'll clip 1 or 2 clones from each plant and grow them about 24". From there I'll put one of each strain into the flowering room.

Do you think my closet is big enough to bud 3 24" plants? Maybe 4 or 5? I'm not sure.

thcisthewayout:
    I was thinking the exact same thing, but I figured better be safe than sorry, but now that you mention it, I think I'll be fine with a 250w HPS. My goal is to bud maybe 3-4 plants at a time. You think a 250w hps will give enough juice for them to bud? From what you see, What would you recommend for ventilation?

thanks!

6. Mylar reflects more light than flat white.

7. i just bought a 250 watt hps, and dont think that thing wont get hott!!
    You will still need ventilation. And when it comes to using a 250watthps i think im going to have to grow a few times to get optimum use under this light. but im telling you right now a 400 watt in that space is possible but you will spend more on the ventilation then the light itself.

peace

-dirty

8. A 250 Watt lighting system will sufficiently light a 3' x 3' area.

Get a 250 Watt ballast and use a 270 Watt SuperAgro bulb. The SuperAgro adds 20 watts of blue light which traditional HPS lacks. The 250 ballast can fully power the 270 bulb.