Please help with life decisions

Discussion in 'General' started by smokinbluntz247, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Hey, so pretty soon im going to be graduating from high school, I currently live in Alaska and I hate it (besides the dank weed), theres literally nothing to do here, so I was thinking about saving all the money I can by working the next year and a half and moving to cali to go to college, or wait a year, get my residency, and then go to college and maybe grow on the side to help with financial shit. But the problem with that is that i have no idea if i can even get into any colleges up there, my gpa is like 2.3, my parents want me to go to college up here because it would be cheap but i really dont want to waste any more of my life in this state.. I also have no idea what I want to do in college :/ any good stoner jobs that make bank? If i did move to cali then my cuz would probably come and we would split the rent on an apartment, idk what to do so it would be tight if you guys could suggest some shit that i could do after i graduate, thanks!

2. If you don't know, work for a year. Get one of those jobs in Montana/Colorado that lets you work at some resort or park and provides the housing. What are the chances it's something you'll regret doing?

3. For being from Alaska, you listen to good music.

I would just go to California and go to a community college for two years. Try to get the best grades and then transfer to a better 4 year college and graduate from there.

4. I really like this idea and have been doing some research on it, thanks a lot man.

Does anyone know how how much money it would take to move to cali and go to a community college, then transfer to a better one? I was thinking about saving around 15,000..

5. I'd always recommend living in a different country. At least for a while. I'm from the UK but live in Spain.

Living in a different country and culture gives you a different perspective on things. If actually moving to a different country isn't feasible. At least consider taking a few months out to go travelling maybe?

6. idk man, Cali's pretty dam expensive considering rent, out of state tuition, & all your expenses.

7. Flying Wild: Alaska.

jk man id rather live in alaska than here..its beautiful there, and not crouded. ill trade places with you any day of the year.