Please help with hermaphrodite identification (photo attached)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by burnero, Jul 22, 2013.

1. #1 burnero, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    Hi all, 

Thought I'd turn to you guys as I got some solid advice from you last issue I had. I'm a new grower, my plants have been flowering for 2 weeks now. I think I have 2 hermies. It looks as if pollen sacks are forming heavily on one plant and a few on another. 

I have included a photos of a new stem I have cut off with the flower beginning to form on the top (shown with an arrow) and what I think are the pollen sacks (circled) the sacks drop off very easily when touched. 

Can someone confirm for me that they are indeed hermies so I can kill the one with loads of pollen sacks and try and save the other by removing the few male organs from it. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The plants are now growing very fast so I need to act quickly to avoid pollinating the other 2 plants I have. 

2. I had something similar. Look for bundles of like 3 or more. Otherwise, I think we are looking at the flower...

3. #3 aPersonUponaHill, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Yes they are pollen, no pure female makes that.

You need to figure out where the stress on your plants is coming from, it is generally either from light leaks getting to the plants or soil issues. Removing the pollen sacks wont do a thing if you dont address the problem, they will keep forming. After this grow you should also thoroughly clean your grow room. 

4. #4 burnero, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    First off dude. Thanks for taking the time to have a look and try and help. I do have some clusters, but they are kind of in/very near the flower. Here are two more pics I would appreciate you taking a wee look at. 

5. As you can see there is a large cluster on the 1st and a cluster of 2 on the second. Any advice would be great, I'm only growing a few for fun but I love them as they have been with me a few months now. i'd hate to see them go bad on me! Thanks again. 

6. I had a light issues that had now been sorted. 
    So Orioles, you're positive they are hermied...any advice? 

7. Sorry OP, looks like pollen sacks to me. 

8. just clip them off to reduce pollination. will still produce a good smoke.

9. ok guys. Thanks again. I will remove as many of the sacks as I can and try and push on through.