Please help with growroom setup ideas...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by pokesmotallday, Jul 23, 2010.

1. We are making a basement grow with approx 12 plants (6 veg/6 flower). It will be hydro with trays up on tables and a reservoir underneath (dunno what's that system called?). Strain/genetics unknown at this point.

The area is an unfinished basement with cinder block walls and concrete floor. Two small windows are on the back wall which faces the backyard and are about 5' up.

We want to divide the basement with a wall made from a frame of 2x4s and staple mylar to the outside, maybe use a tarp to cover the other side. We also then want to subdivide that into 2 smaller rooms for veg and bloom. We'd have a doorway to access the veg chamber and from there another doorway to get to the flower area.

We know nothing about carpentry or construction so we wanna make it easy and without having to actually nail anything into the house itself. We basically want to build a sideways "T" frame and push it into position. How difficult and expensive is this and anyone ever done something similar?

Unfortunately I don't have room dimensions but will measure soon when I get a tape measure.

Please look at the little drawing and give us some ideas about what can be done with this space and how feasible my idea is. We don't want to spend more than $1000 total to get this going and producing.

Attached Files:

2. #2 purplechango, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    you really dont have to build anything out of wood.....

you could use heavy duty double sided mounting tape........remember, HEAVY DUTY...... and then stick that to your ceiling, then drape down some tarps or panda film.

Light proof your window that would be within the veg room, aluminum foil is cheap, or paint it black, at least 2 coats.

As for easy access to the rooms with your tarps or plastic up? Stick on tarp zippers are great, and are about 7 bucks at your home hardware store for a 7ft roll.

On the inside of both rooms make sure you either paint it the walls flat white, or my personal choice, use mylar, imo it reflects light a lot better.

In your veg room I would go with fluorescents High output light strips, and in the flower room , well lots will have their opinions, but i would say use HPS .

Now you did say you werent tooo handy, but the reality is that if you plan on buying a hydro system, seeds, nutes, lights, carbon filter, air movers, and the list might continue, i could imagine that it would be way over 1 K, then toss in your light bill,

Now there are lots and lots of cool suggestion and DIY stuff here and other sites like youtube , .... DIYing would definitely you lots of cashiola

3. Wow that looks like a large grow room your planning,i also have six and six, plus room for one mother plant, and its ample of grow room,,,teehee,

Just buy some chipboard and use some plastic triangle things "sorry forgot what there called" to hold everything together, then line it out with mylar or white mat paint, also use white silicon gun to seal any gaps up, i'm rubbish at diy also, and i managed this, Indoor hydroponic Grow Room Setup without any bother, and its well hiden away, which you may want.

you should also save a bit of cash too, as i only needed to put some cheap fluorescents because the grow room cellings close enough already, so no need for one of them fluorecsent reflector housings, which cost like 200 plus.

I'll all very doable and you only need to do it once, just plan it all out on paper and you'll be fine.