Please help with Advanced Nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jdd616, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I fed my plants with nutes 7 days ago and my plants just dried up today and I know AN says to water with ph water at least once a week so is it okay to skip a ph watering one time and feed nutes twice in a row at full strength or will I see some problems??? oh and now I know to water around the stem until the roots expand enough to soak all the soil....Her is what I would be feeding...I am in my 5th week of veg

Sensi Grow A+B 8ml each per gallon
    Mother Earth Super Tea 8ml per gallon
    Superthrive 1ml per gallon
    Humic Acid 1Tbsp per gallon
    molasses 1Tbsp per gallon PH 6.3-6.5 ppm 1000

Thanks for the help guys \t\t\t\t\t\t

2. Pictures would be a big help here. Along with some more information.

What is your reasoning for wanting to feed twice in a row with full strength nutrient soultion because your plants "dried up"?

3. by dried up I mean the soil is dry enough to water again the plants look great the reason I wanna water nutes twice in a row is because AN says to feed once a week with nutes and give a plain ph watering before you feed again but if I give a plain ph watering my plants are gonna go 10-12 days since there last nute feeding what other info can I give you to better help me

4. Hmmm. are you running coco or soil? what were the ppms of your last runoff? i run the Advanced Nutrients Sensi base nutrients with mainly Liquid Karma and Pro-Tekt in veg and i never watered in between. i was keeping my ppms in the 700s though.

5. im growing in soil but I have come to the conclusion that the roots have not fully filled up the 3 gallon pots yet so im going to reduce the amount of water I use when I feed to 1/2 a gallon and water mainly around the stallk then they should dry out in about 3 days while the roots expand

6. You could just call AN. They are good about giving advice on this kind of thing.

7. Either way I would still go every other watering. Really AN just wants your money...

You don't want to over feed and burn your babes or create salt build up. Feed just molasses if you must.. that alone is plenty of food along with what is left in your soil.

8. Disagree with that totally.

AN already has his money. Once you already bought their product they want your crop to turn out well. If they gave him bad advice and he burned his plants they would lose money since he wouldn't buy from them again. Every person I've known who has called AN has got very good advice from them regarding feeding schedule.

9. #9 NJsteez, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    I guess they have a lot money... with the prices I've seen them charge for just a quart of bloom booster. Over 160 dollars for some of their products. I could buy a set of brand new really nice rims for my car for the price of their whole line.

10. I'm referring to their advice when you call them. Not the prices, price is irrelevant to feeding schedule advice, and some of their prices are very good. They have a mix of insanely high prices, decent prices, and really good values imo. Just because their prices are generally high doesn't mean they will give you bad advice on the phone.

11. #11 NJsteez, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011

Yeah, and I bet they have a lot of it. I'm sure there customer service line is excellent, you get what you pay for. I never said it was bad or that it's not good.

12. NJsteez - Yes, you've made your money as a shill. Stop it now. You're not helping the guy who's having troubles with his grow.

Whining about the prices of AN isn't going to help him. And you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Just saying.

Back to the ACTUAL question - yes, I've called up AN before and gotten some great advice. I mean, they actually talk to you about the problems you're having and they work with you until you figure things out.

As for if you can double strength your nute feed, I'm not sure I would do that. That seems to be setting yourself up for trouble.

And I don't know about you, but I always use about 25% less than what the AN bottle says. Helps my plants grow, without having to use too many nutes and risking a burn. (And it saves money NJSteez...LOL)

Good luck man - ignore the haters. They aren't very helpful, are they? Taking up thsi forum with their crap talk...waste of space.

13. You know how they always say it's better to underfeed than overfeed? That's double true in soil.

In hydroponics you can easily replace the nutrient solution but it takes a lot of work and waste to flush the soil if you overfeed.

Any loss of yield you might worry about caused by not feeding enough to grow the plant as big as possible is tiny compared to the loss of yield (and quality) you'd get if you overfeed.

Despite allegations to the contrary, I've always found the advice given by AN's help line to be honest and accurate.