Please help with 12x12 growroom

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by nuten, Aug 22, 2013.

1. #1 nuten, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    I am trying to put together all my equipment?
    I have a 12 x 12 growroom
    16 bucket with one control bucket  DIY Uniseal 5 gallon bucket  undercurrent system with all pumps airlines, 600 MAG pump
    200 littre resvior
    Lights are 6 x 600 watt dimmable electronic ballasts both hps and mh lights for each
    6 x 6" aircooled sunhoods
    10 inch tsunami inline fan with filter
    Nutradip Tri meter
    All kinds of Canna nutes ,5" net pots and stones for system
    2" 2 bulb T5 light kit
    4' 4 bulb T5 light kit
    Problem is I bought all this stuff and dont know how to set it  up LOL
    Any help will be appreciated.

2. It would be cheaper and easier for you to hire a guy, to rig it up for you, maybe let him keep up to a third of the grow, if he's that good, you shouldn't have any trouble finding that type of "dude' on here .....lol

3. I'm thinking that 6 x 600 = 3600 watts = 30 amp continuous load at 120 volts and 15 amps at 240 volts.  Thats just for the lights.  What about circulation fans, exhaust fans and cooling fans?  Will you have to run an a/c?  Do you have a 4 or 5 bedroom house to justify the electrical load without the utility provider putting out a red flag?  

I'm thinking you're not getting alot of responses because:  If you achieve one gram per watt of electricity, then the projected yield is a eight pound harvest.  It screams "dealer."  or DEA phishing.

Not that I give a shit.

I'm on my first grow, so what do I know?  Good luck.  I'm sincerely curious to any feed back you get from other posters.

4. #4 cultfashions, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Read the DIY's?? Search? 

A DWC DIY can easily be found on youtube or here.

How to setup your exhaust is self explanitory.. Filter --> Duct --> Inline fan --> duct --> outside house

Your lights should be setup in rows of 3. Hood --> Duct --> Hood --> Duct --> Hood --> Inline fan --> Duct --> Outside house 

You could probably duct them all together with a single 8" Inline fan to cool all of them.

You'll need to add eye hooks to ceiling studs for your ratchet ropes for the light hoods, filter and fans. 

That kind of power is probably going to require an additional separate breaker.. That's a fuck ton of amperage draw. Your bill is going to be insane with 3600w's

If it was me, I would board up a window and stealth hide all 3 of the exhaust ports for your Filter, fans, and 10k BTU AC unit exhaust. 

Why do you need so much?? That's fucking insane. Granted you're working with 144sq ft and by definition you should have 7200w's of power to cover the entire area, so you're covering about 50%. at 100w's per plant you have enough for 36 plants and if you're only running 16 you're wayyyyy overkill, 2kw's would be plenty IMO. Unless you're growing for like 10 patients or something like that.

I would also separate the room in half, 1800w veg room 1800w flower room for perpetual goodness. You would need fans for both sets of 3 hoods but whatever sounds like you're not too concerned with the cost. Sell the T5's you don't need them with that kind of HPS power.

5. Some good points were made by JayCobbs and Cultfashions. 

I gotta ask, how much do you want?  Enough to sell to pay the cost of growing and stay high?  Enough to live on? 

I veg under a 220w T5 (PLL55w) in a 3x3x6 ft grow tent and flower under a Inda-gro Pro 200 PAR induction growlight in a 4x4x6,5ft. grow tent.  I made the tents with a PVC frame, pipe came from Lowes, and some two sided material I got on ebay.  It is reflective on the inside and white on the outside and blocks all light.  I close the door flaps with magnates.  Cost under $100 for both tents.  All this is in a 8ft by 12ft room.

I grow mostly in home made 5gal bubble buckets with 8" net pots with Hydroton.  I can put 9 in the veg tent and since I grow under license by the NM dept of Health I can only flower 4 plants at a time.  I still produce more than I can use by myself.  So unless you are looking to grow for money you have way more and bigger equipment than you need.