Please help, white spots

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by eko0724, Apr 30, 2009.

1. #1 eko0724, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a PC stealth box, that I am doing DWC.
    (See pics attached for case picture and dwc. Currently some these pics don't have the DWC case painted black, but I have painted it since then)

I need a little help. I have already switched her over to 12/12 exactly one week from today. She looks great, has grown about an inch or more since I have switched her over. One of her leaves has dried up (I removed it) and the other leaves all look great (some of the original leaves have brown spots on the tips (should I trim these off?) but all the NEW growth looks green and healthy.

My DWC setup is like this: Net pots sitting in the reservoir, inside the net pots are a few clay pellets, on top of that is the rockwool with the plant inside.

:confused: My problem is that the rockwool has some very small white spots on the outside. I tried to take a close up of the spots but I am not sure if they can be seen correctly. I am not sure if it's mold. It looks like it might be, but it it not at ALL on the plant herself and her roots are completely clean. Will this harm my planet? Should I try to remove her from the rockwool? Can I just cut away at the white spots? Also, I am not sure if this is beacuse of the heat inside the case or the lights but is it normal for the rockwool to become brown on the edges??

Thank you, and please help me!

Attached Files: