Please help, what is this? Pics..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ben0341, Nov 17, 2010.

1. what is this? the plant is in flowering at 8 days. theres pistols coming out EVERYWHERE. the whole plant is doing good and theres white hairs coming out of all the tops, just on the main stem nodes there are these.....they have hairs coming out of them and are white and some have a redish orange tint to it...i think they are still female parts but just need to be sure...i only have this one plant and no others around it...this pic should show it well, good quality...thanks for all the help!!!

Attached Files:

2. not sure what you are looking at but those are calyxes on either side of that fan leaf that you cut. At each node 1 calyx forms on either side at the base of the node on the main stem.

3. ok thanks :) just curious are those on male and female ? they do have red/white hairs coming from them...

4. yea me too what are they?. I used to think they were pre buds or signs of fems;they definitely aren't prebuds but are they characteristics of fems? what are they?? also, just asking cause my last grow had this, are the red veins a deficiency? or just a genetic thing or ??

**edit
    red veins in the stems

5. That's just your first calyx as Joeblow81 said.

6. so it's a bud?

7. i've always thought they were prebuds and signs of fems even in veg. are they? this season i had a plant with those things turns out male, but I'm pretty sure i shocked it to death when i put it outside.

8. you'll get those every where its nothin, the plant looks healthy from that pic if you filped it you see flowers in 7-10 days, you will see male/female clearly, its easy. you'll do great with it.

just let it do its thing and don't love em to death,

9. They are female flower parts, calyxs.

10. No bud will form there. It will remain as it is now, 1 single calyx on either side of the growing shoot. Those would be male bananas on a male plant, but will remain only 1 per side of the growing shoot. They are your first pre-flowers. Your first accurate sign of the sex of the plant.