Please Help v. Starting 2nd Grow, Need Experienced Growers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LinkDead56k, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hello GC! I am going to be starting my second grow, but I need some pertinent information before I begin..

Last night I had to harvest my first grow early due to the health of the plant, and I want to avoid this from here on out! I know my issue was absolutely Ph related. I read a lot of conflicting information about Ph and I just want an answer!

Anyway, for my second grow I will use Fox Farm's Ocean Forest, along with the nutes.

So my question is, should I be adjusting the Ph of my nutrient solution when I feed my plant? There were a lot of people saying not to do this because the soil will adjust the Ph on its own (and that it is bad for the plant), but it didn't seem to work out for me..

If I'm not supposed to adjust the Ph of the water, what steps can I take to make the ocean forest better? (Please do not tell me to go all organic because I already spent the money on the soil and nutes and I want to get my money's worth..)

Thank you!

2. I made the same mistake and it killed a crop. Now I always adjust my ph to the proper range 6-7 because otherwise you will kill off healthy microbes in the soil and at the same time lockout nutes. Soil can only adjust the ph so much if your watering with solution in its 4's or5's which is realistic if ur adding nutes, ur going to damage ur plants. Just speaking from experience, all my subsequent grows have gone really well, I use happy frog by fox farm

3. So using Ph Up would be OK in a nutrient solution to bring it to 6-7? And normal watering should require no adjustments, correct?

Thank you :)

4. What are you using to test ph? Check ur tap water and make sure you let it sit out for a day so the chlorine will evaporate. Most peoples tap water is fine... mine is not. I tested it and it runs about 8.5 which is way too high, so I make sure I always have some distilled water around or I use my phone pen and adjust it till its at a 6.5ph

5. I have a Ph meter to test the water.

6. ur tap should be close to 7.0, adjust as needed. when in doubt, like learning to ride a motorcycle, pull the clutch in, pull off the road out of harms way and re-group. stop what ur doing, flush the girls with phd water only wait a few days then look for the problem. u dont want to make a bunch of moves at one time.

7. You should ph adjust anything you put into your soil. Unless you are doing full organics. Only then is there no need to adjust ph.

8. Thank you for the advice!

Can't wait to get this grow started :hello: