Please help - tops almost hitting light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brianmmj, Apr 13, 2016.

1. This is my first grow. I'm 2 weeks into flower and the main cola is almost at the light (about 3 inches away). I hate to cut it because it looks great and even the leaves are covered in trichromes already. I was tracing down the stem and I noticed I've supercropped it 4 times from this cola to root. It just keeps growing directly up after supercropping like a bunch of J shapes. Any options other than cutting it off? Will the growing slow soon?

image.jpg

Wider pic for perspective:
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice jungle. I would supercrop again, maybe a bit lower. Bend her real good, get that cola into the canopy and tie it off if you have to.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TD's right. If your ceiling is maxed, time for some 11th hour training. Good luck.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The ceiling is maxed. Superctopping is really scary at this point because the stalk is thick and hard like a tree branch. I'm worried that I'll snap it.

I could route it around the light, letting it grow above it. I could also try tying it to the base like an archers bow. Thoughts?

5. Idk man, usually you can soften the stem between your fingers with a little side to side pressure.

6. I tried tonight, but I pussed out when it didn't seem to soften up after while of working at it. On the good side, my fingers now smell better than they normally do.
    I did tie up the plants to level them, though, and they big cola is now bypassing the main fixture. You can see where it is now. in the photo below.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ouch. Your bottom stems look long. Next go round keep the lights closer for a bushier, shorter plant.

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

8. This is one of the things I am fixing next round. The canopy got so thick that very little light got through the first 12". The leaves in the dark started to fall off. I cleared them out and was left with the empty area below. If you look close, you can see I added supplemental lighting below. It was a little too late, though, for much of the vegetation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Regarding the under-lights mentioned, I see the leaves turning green again and there are buds forming after only a few days. I will definitely get lights wherever I can in the future.

• Like Like x 1