Please Help Sick Plants And No Clue Where To Start With Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by akstoner, Jul 14, 2014.

1. This has been going on for quite some time but just started getting exponentially worse. Leaves are curling upward at the tips and the leaves themselves are drooping. New growths look healthy but as time goes on they all inevitably fall to the same fate :( Possibly aphids, I found one crawling in the soil while watering and gave the plants a close inspection but didn't find anything. Maybe use a pesticide just to be safe?Please someone help me save my grow!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405306966.279010.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405307055.530372.jpg

You're never out of weed. Where there's a will, there's a way.

2. Looks like heat stress. What type of light and how close is it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Only a 48 watt flourescent, 1.5 inches up, 24 hour light

4. It gets pretty hot in here too sometimes, somewhere around 83 or 84 sometimes, but not for more than a couple hours. The closest thing I could find that looked like this was a Mg deficiency but it didn't look quite right. Maybe it is heat stress, I'll try moving the light up, sounds like an easy thing to try. I'll get back to you. Thanks for the look!

5. Cool I've moved the light up, but to no avail yet. Should I cut the burnt tips off to help recover?

6. What soil are you growing in and how often are you watering?

7. Miracle grow moisture control and I've really only watered a couple of times in the plants lives. Mostly I'm scared of drowning it, but the soil constantly feels at least a little moist. The problem has gotten worse too, even after moving the light up. Leaves are still canoeing and they feel very dry and brittle, not quite to where they would break off though. I'm at a loss. Maybe it's N deficient?

8. Nutrient Deficiencies - Nutrient deficiencies in modern gardens are really rare. What most people see as a ‘Nutrient Deficiency' is, 9 times out of 10, a pH problem. A pH that is too high or too low ‘locks out' your plants ability to uptake nutrients. Since the plant can not uptake those nutrients they appear to be deficient. When in fact, there are plenty of nutrients in the solution/soil but, due to pH Lock-out, they are unavailable to the plant. Adding supplements or more nutrients (which is what most do) will only compound this problem by throwing the pH off even more and further raising the nutrient PPM. The best thing to do if you suspect ANY form of nutrient deficiency is to check and adjust the pH as necessary. The proper pH ranges for both hydroponics & soil is shown in the chart below. Pay particular attention to the ranges that certain nutrients are available and when they are locked out.

http://boards.cannab...own-phchart.jpg

Flush and check the ph run-off when it's time to water.

9. I have a standing Ph of about 7.5. I'm not sure how accurate my meter is, it is a combination of a moisture, light, and Ph meter. Would having 7.5 vs. the ideal 6.5 make that much of a difference? Or should I go down and buy some actual Ph test strips just to be sure? And what Ph strips are known to be the best? Thanks in advance

10. I would still consider overwatering as the source of your problem. Combined with heat stress...

Water if the pot feels light when tipped up on its bottom edge.

People worry too much about pH in soil grows, and your pH meter is most definitely NOT accurate.

How about some current pic's?

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405723615.860824.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405723648.666325.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405723682.852543.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405723721.952306.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405723744.374220.jpg
    Here are some picture updates, still looking pretty shabby. The first 3 pics are my worst plant and the last 2 is my 2nd worst plant. I added another fan and stopped watering, the top layer of soil is completely dried out and the moisture meter is dropping into the red zone. No clue what to do

12. From what I can see... the symptoms appear "dark green leaves, with somewhat of a leathery appearance." A quick search yielded again and again, "Ph problems."

I too had problems, and what I found works is using distilled water to flush. Every Friday I do this, I use an entire gallon. I then wait 10 minutes or so... and follow it up with another gallon of my feed solution.

The plants are bone dry by Friday. There is no need to use a moisture meter... and being that dry is part of its natural environment.

The distilled water is great for flushing it will remove any build up that has occured, insure the water that is used in your feeding solution has a good Ph. If your water supply is not very good... buy it, or use filtered rain water.

Again, if this were my grow... I would be treating it for a Ph imbalance right now!

Good luck.