Please help! Seedlings looking weirrd.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmellyCheesehead12, Jul 14, 2019.

1. IMG_5474.JPG IMG_5473.JPG IMG_5472.JPG IMG_5471.JPG

HLG quantum board 260watt light about 19” away.
    DWC in 5 gallon buckets with 1/4 strength solution.
    Temps are around 77-80. 50-60% RH
    PH check twice per day at 5.0-6.0.
    They’re about a 1 1/2 weeks old and the roots have dropped from the net pot. Tips are turning yellow/white. And discolored all around.
    I am using distilled water. I do not have a ppm meter yet. They are still growing.
    Nute burn? Light too close? Nutrient deficiency?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They are chemdawg, GSC and 2 lemon skunk. As you can see, one lemon it just a smaller curled up mess of leaves. What the hell am I doing wrong here??

3. Hmm not sure but it must be your solution. Check out my thread. I just posted. My plants are 2 weeks old. I'm using miracle grow, the grow twice as big. I water once every 2 days. My temp is probably never getting over 77 and is more towards 73 and give them 20 hrs of light a day. Right now I'm trying to make them grow have ample water but still thirsty ya know. Anyway that is my advice as a side by side comparison. The biggest difference is your nutrients and nutrient feeding method side by side. Also, I found I had to move my plants around in the young stage to prevent them from sitting in one spot under my lights. I was surprised at how the heat was developing around the soil and the cup edges despite my lights not putting out that much heat. Anyway I hope some of this helps.

4. Could it be that the clay balls are drawing a bit of moisture out of them?
    Also, I'm pretty sure even at 1/4 strength you're giving them food they don't really need yet...that could be it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the replies. I’ll change out res solution and replace with water and see how that goes. But definitely not light burn, correct? I hope not, as I have moved that thing up and dozen about a dozen times

6. I bet it is the supplemental nutrients. When they are larger they will not be so sensitive ya know

7. #7 Laucass83, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    @ICGreen

8. I know for a fact you have the light too close. I am using two of those hlg 260 xl kits. I had my lights dimmer all the way and 36 -40 in above during seedling. Even vegging they are 24 inch away and that still seems a hair close lol

9. Aren’t these boards wicked ? But I’ll def take your advice and move it away some more. These LEDs are hard to figure out

10. Bro they make fucking bushes check out my first grow this was last week

Attached Files:

11. Nice man! I wish mine looked like that. I still have to assemble the other one but probably won’t need it for a little while yet. Yea they were pricey but heard so many good things.

12. Definitely worth every penny. If you have any questions ever just shoot me a message. I will help ya out if i can