**Please HELP Plants Dying?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by moocow621, Dec 1, 2009.

1. I am growing hydroponicly indoors. I am growing white widow and northern lights, I am on week 6 of flowering. I am using a 1000 watt and a 400 watt hps with hoods and vents and all. I am using the liquid earth series of nutrients. I change the water and feed once a week. The ph is at 6.0. I do not know anything about PPM's allthough I do own a meter. The water was changed 3 days ago. Its about 70 degrees in the room I do not know the humidity. It feels a bit dry i suppose.

Attached Thumbnails
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. I would start with checking your PPM going in and going out. Thats kind of a biggie. What kind of hydro system do you have?

Based on what you've said and the pics, it looks like nute burn.

3. It's a little hard to tell from the pics since everything is in focus except the leaves LOL But I can see some tip burn on a few so I think MagniKhan is correct. Also see some twisting - usually that's a ph problem. If you have some brown spots or patches on your leaves that are NOT on the edges then you might want to drop your ph down to the 5.8 range and keep an eye on it - if you are using a DWC system (looks like you are). As the nutes are used up your ph may fluctuate and cause these kind of problems.

Good luck!

4. I know PPM means parts per million. The meater i have just reads out a number. I thought I was supposed to check the parts per million of each essential nutrient. This is my first time growing.

5. Look on your meter - do you see "TDS" or "EC" on it?

The PPM is how much 'stuff' is in your water (including nutes).

6. It is a TDS meter. One of my friends who grows came by and suggested that it may be toxic salt build up. Any thoughts.

7. I would concur. I would suggest a little flushing with some Ph adjusted water. You can check the ph and PPM of the runoff water as you flush, this will give you a good idea of were you stand. The PPM should drop after a few flushes, then you can go back to a regular strength nutrient.
    I keep a log of my ph and my PPM, with the girls I have in now I add 5 gallons of RO and 10 tsp of FNB every 4.5 days like clock work, and I'm set! I don't even have to adjust ph most of the time, the FNB handles it just fine.

8. Sorry I am a noob. What is FNB?

9. I flushed with general hydroponics florakleen and am using quarter strength nutrients to correct toxic salt problem.

10. You can't ever correct plants that have gone that far down the tubes. In fact, IMHO, you can't ever "reverse" anything during flower. You just hope for the best conditions everyday and keep the bullshit down to a minimum. In this grow, your plants are trashed. I've done this before and wasted a LOT of $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Live and learn.

Learn how to use your PPM meter. After all nutes are in, PPM should be 1000. That is my hint to you.

11. Out of 36 plants only 6 are like that. PPM of any specific nutrient? Or just use the meter and see what it says. I really dont want any of my babies to die. Do you think i should flush the rest of my bins to make sure they dont get the toxic salt also. Im using 30 gallon rubbermaid tough bins, 6 plants in each. 6 Bins total.

12. I have to agree, in flowering your screwed. In veg its different, you may not be able to reapir damage, but at least the new growth can be healthy.

ppms and ph are something you need to get a grasp on daily in hydro.

13. Is there any reading or information anyone can pass on to me about PPM. The whole thing confuses me. The PH I understand, I just need to check it more often. I was checking once a week. So only the growth that looks unhealthy will die? Its definitly toxic salt I was over feeding the crap out of them. I hope my flush helps, I love my babies. LoL

14. OK, this is the single best thing you can do right now, READ ALL THE STICKIES! I promise you, that if you do that, the info you have asked for AND so much more will be reviled. It will make you a better, and there for much happier grower, period!

Now some of the stickies my not apply to you, so you may skip them for now, ( this will help stabilize your situation) but, I would come back and get them later. Each and every one has some nugget of info that will make you a more knowledgeable and well rounded grower.

So please, start in the Absolute Beginners section. I would start with jcj77d's Sticky : \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\tBeginners Guide To Get You Started in Growing Cannabis. You can ask him direct questions in any of his threads, he's very good at responding.

Also more to the point, heres a thread on TDS.

15. Thank you for your help. I checked my ph today its 6.1 and the PPM is 400. My tap water is 34 PPM to start out with.

16. Did you ever get this resolved? Do you need more help?

17. Yup Everything is ok. I wish I had topped and fimmed all the plants we got a low yield for the ammount of plants we had.