please help newb grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newgrow, Jun 18, 2004.

1. hello i germanated my seeds with the wet paper towel and the tap roots came out of 6/10 seeds in 2 days so i took the 6 seeds and put them in a solo cup each by themselves i watered them twice a day and its been 2 weeks now and nothing has sprouted how much should i water the plant before and after the plant has sprouted and would it be best if i kept it inside or out before it has sprotued

thank you for any thing

2. Make sure the soil is moist when u put them seeds in. No watering needed if you put a baggie or something on top of the cup to keep the moist in... Remove it when u see the sprout and get the lights up.

3. "i watered them twice a day"

You probally killed them. Like a-jay said, plant them about 1/2" down into moist soil. And wait a few days (usually about a week). During this time they don't need light. All light will do is dry out the soil and complicate things.

If you keep watering, the roots won't grow. The roots grow in search for moisture pockets. When they're too comfortable they won't grow. You can't baby them, it's a weed it'll grow.

Don't use soil that's too barky, I made this mistake on my current grow and I'm already noticing slow growth. The reason why is that the roots have to grow around the chunks of bark and shit.... not a good thing. Try to find some fine soil. (Pro mix or sunshine mix is good)

After they sprout. Put them on a 24/7, 18/6, or 16/8 light schedule. Transplant before flowering. Drop to 12/12, and you'll be well on your way.

I have to run out to the corner store for a pack of smokes, but I'm off work today so feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

4. thank you very much for your help i will probably be asking alot more questions

5. Not a problem.... just make sure you do a little bit of reading first. Find some grow guides, and go to overgrow.com and read through the faqs. But if there's anything I can help ya with, I'll be more than happy to.

Welcome to the board by the way :D

6. So no light for the first week or so? I think I've already messed up my current batch, but we'll see what happens with it. It's only been about 4 days. I've learned a lot so far since I've planted them, and hope to learn even more in this growing thing.

I'm glad to be part of this board. :)

(Eep, didn't see this thread was so old. Sorry about that. O.O )

7. Na homeslice, you didn't necassarily kill them. The problem with putting them under light is that light drys out the soil and if the soil is try dry (or wet) they won't sprout.

If they haven't sprouted yet just turn the light off and wait for them to break through the soil.

Welcome to the board.

8. Got it. That at least raises my hopes a bit. :)

And thanks for the welcome. :D