Please help my plants are dying and I don't know why

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kid ink, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ahhh yes ..one .more bites the dust with Fox farm...so your in soil...and 5.8 for soil is way too low. transplant to a bigger pot (fabric) with the correct (better) soil and get the runoff ph in the right range. whatever it has to be going in...tô get the runoff between 6.5 and 7.2 ..I've heard alot of bad shit about fox farm ..some have success most have problems with it being too hot .(too much salts) and organisms already in it.. good luck

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ive had good success with fox farm ocean but it does however sometimes kill seedlings but thats about it the rest just make sure not to over water or over feed

3. most of the issues with Fox farm is the fact some batches are inconsistently HOT for younglings while other batches aren't. I've heard alot of good things ...but not from ppl who started in fox farm...ppl.who transplant a teenage or adult plant swear by it...BUT ppl with seedlings or even young plants ...really have a tough time.

GFP

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil.

5. I've heard good things about fox farm but NOT with ppl that had very seedlings or even small plants...try using only water for the time being. until it shows that it needs feed. that soil comes loaded already..just get the runoff into the right range. 6.5 for soil.

GFP

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. make sure u get lots of drainage too

7. Imo looks like some spider mites, and maybe russet mites. New growth lookin twisted and glossy[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. after reviewing this entire thread

I too agree with Lukester on the possible mite infestation...You say the one had spidermites then you moved it...etc..Do this ...get a microscope and fast..check the undersides for both spider mites and the dreaded Russet mite...you tube videos on what and where to look for them....and let us know....if one or both are confirmed it greatly changes the what to do now part...keep us posted.

GFP

9. I'm using a 600 watt led light

10. Thanks I will look in to this and let y'all know

11. i think if its mites etc ,,Spinosad in good for ridding your plant of them ,,,,,mac,

12. how do the plants look to this day pics?

13. Not to harp on you but F.F. Soil doesn't have salts , its organic fertilizers . Kelp , castings, guano etc. etc.
    I've had this problem before as well. It's totally a combination of Spider or russet mites and calmag def. the bugs feed on the plant which begins to show nute defs. So spray with something to kill the mites , insecticidal soap , neem oil etc. and calmag supplement. Peace .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thats a ph lockout. Had this happen during my first growth. You will need to flush with proper ph'ed water.

Soil less substrate and fox farm shit ( its really shit) need at least 6.7-6.8 ph'ed water. For some reason the run off will allways be lower then the initial water. I had that issue on my 3rd growth were i used A soil less medium and the ph got locked out. I tested the runoff and it was at 5.2. My water is always at 6.5 so I was like wtf!!!

Weed, like some videogames has a rough learning curve

15. You already said before you found mites , take it from me I promise you what I say is true and I have had the exact same issue . The mites will destroy your plants if you just think ph lockout . Spray them and add calmag , I also would add seaweed extract for the stress .

16. fox farm is not shit guys stop saying it works amazing for me lol week 5 in flower only nutes bud candy and these girls tallest is over 25 inches and its just a 1 gallon pot the rest of mine hace hella colas so theyre a little shorter but even my tallest one has 5 yall stop hating all my leaves are perfect stop trying to throw off new growers

• Like Like x 1
  17. I never trashed talked fox farms , I exclusively use happy frog. Just telling him he has mites and calmag issue

18. i am not talking to you lmaoo talking to mostly frank who seems like he hasnt grown before lmao just a couple seedlings and try to act like they know more than some when hes never even harvested

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hate to even say it but possible russet hemp mites.. you need to use a 60 X or 100 X scope preferably with a light to see them.... they are extremely hard to detect... but I had the exact same symptoms as your plants

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. It was spider mites.I got me a microscope and check it out and my plants are infested with them

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1