Please help, my cannabis is dying!

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by homegrow420, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hey everyone! I am in fact a first time outdoor, greenhouse grower... I just built my green house and its pretty small... About 10 feet long by 5 foot wide by 8 foot tall... Today the temp where i'm at reached about 95 degrees F early in the day and now i look at not just my grounded plants but also my small hydroponics setup and all 16 of my tiny cannabis seedlings are almost all turning brown... what should i do and will my babies recover????

2. I would use a shade cloth NOW. They need a chance to recuperate and shade is great way to let them do just that. Do you use AACT (Active Aerated Compost Tea)? If not, this would be a great opportunity to learn how to brew your own...Good luck with the grow

Cheers,
    Dick

3. Thanks Dick! I'm not sure what to use to shade them, but they're doing better... the plants that were in the ground survived easily because somehow the soil remained cool... but my Deep water culture plants are feeling the stress... should have kept my system inside lol

What should i use as a shade cloth? an old bed sheet???

4. [quote name='"homegrow420"']Thanks Dick! I'm not sure what to use to shade them, but they're doing better... the plants that were in the ground survived easily because somehow the soil remained cool... but my Deep water culture plants are feeling the stress... should have kept my system inside lol

What should i use as a shade cloth? an old bed sheet???[/quote]

Try using a brown tarp should get the job done !

5. brown being a perfered color? or would blue work the same? should it block all the light or just filter its intensity?

6. this is my garden after the hot days we've had... hopefully it'll cool down more this week...

Attached Files:

7. nice setup and plants!~ a bit small but they'll improve! vermicompost is extremely useful for plant health. wet slimy dark earthy smelling material that is wriggling with red worms. topdressing with 1-2'' of vermicompost would go a really long way. adding aloe vera leaves (crushed) to the soil when you water will get your plants salicylic acid- which is known to assist plants under heat stress.

8. WOW... thanks for that tip! that sounds like a great idea! I started this grow late in the season hoping for short plants that i can clone for indoor hydroponics... I've been using SMS with perlite... Thats all i've done... Trying to figure out which ones are actually female that way i can free up space and start cloning...

9. day 20 i suppose... lol

Attached Files:

10. If you enjoyed those details, I picked them up at the organic section here in the city. utilize the search function there for some of the terms I listed (vermicompost, kelp meal, salicylic acid) and skip over my replies- there's way better low down there -- I seen it!

I like adding aloe vera juice to the soil. I also mist plants with it some times, except when misting it needs to be diluted or the aloe will rot- especially if the plant is already experiencing rotting- ie open wounds, damping off, or what not...