Please help my babies!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CannabisCulture, Sep 9, 2009.

1. I am a Medical patient and these are my babies mango kush and NY afghani wreck they are under a 250w Met Hal air cooled and four 100w CFL's they are sitting in fox farms ocean forest 60% light warrior 40% I had them in a quart size pot for six days and switched to these pots last night the 7th of september added fresh water that i left open for a day overnight the mango kush grew alot but the sativa remains small and slow going and the yellow worries me. both plants original leaves are yellow none of the new growths are though. I have a fan circulating air as well I did not give any nutes although I have big grow for when needed. I have had them for twelve days and they have not even come close to double the size yet is this normal? When I transplanted them the roots werent goin crazy either they were stringy skinny but comin out but i thought there would b a lot more root growth too:confused:

2. Looks like a bit of a sulfur deficiency. Your new leaves are looking good. It might take a couple of days to take to the soil. I say its good just make sure the wind is hitting it and you can see it shake a little. Hopefully your fan oscillates. it will help to get them a lil fatter stem once it takes to the soil. Also dont be afraid to soak that soil...specially when little plant big pot.

3. Okay Thank You! I let a lil bit drain out when i watered them yesterday, but no nutes. There in the soil already right?, I usually water when it feels like the pot has lost almost all water weight and usually try and let 5% of what i put in drain out the holes. But I only let a little dribble out yesterday to preserve the nutes in the soil for first watering in new soil. I also mist them with water with a quarter teaspoon per gallon ratio of grow big for foliage. The fan is blowing on them and shakin em pretty good not too hard but it doesn oscillate is thatt all the difference? Any other tips how did the light distance look I wanna go closer is it risky I can put top of hand on mh glass without even burning it it gets hot after ten seconds. I want to do this the right way but I am severely budget limited and still need a tent and flowering lamps, anything I can do to boost growth should I water when they are almost all dried up or water when the top few inches is dried up. Also fox farms ocean forest and light warrior how long till i add big grow to watering cycles .....new soil last night for transplant.......does big grow go every watering or every other.....sorry for NEW B questions:smoking::wave:

4. I would use 1/2 to 3/4 nute strength but flood the pot. dont worry about how much you let drain out the pot. the water that falls out is because it wasnt poured on dry areas of the pot. your soil is close to the rim of the pot which I dont recommend changing but next time leave some room so you can pour up to a half gallon in the, flood the soil and then the water will go down evenly...after that your drainage control will be much more effective. The light can be lowered..its not too high but given that you have the other CFL's, and the plant is so small you can take the CFL's out for now and lower the light to about the top of the where the CFL's are now. Hopefully your temps are at about 80 degrees....if not just make sure you dont base your watering on teh top of your soil as it will be dryer that a few inches below.. Many ways to do it. My way is not the right way or the only way. Patience is key when transplanting.

5. Thank You Very Much I will Post some new pics Tomorrow, I will saturate them tonight and leave them to dry as well as raising heigth. I will Remove The CFL's as well as they cant possibly supplement the 250w MH any further since the plants will be just under the lights about six to eight inches, I will let ya know in the morning and thank you again

6. They look overwatered to me...

7. use vit. b1 when you transplant ..helps get em back on thier feet.

and it looks to me like it is just the leaves that got used up by cloning.

8. You should start feeding them a weak solution of nutrients, that's why they are looks frail,
    they need food, something other than plain water, and don't use tap water, rain water or
    distilled or RO.

Once you start feeding them, they will take off.

9. I think you are loving them to death. You transplanted that tiny plant out of a 1 Qt container already? Why?
    Also, in it's new pot 1 day and you're already watering and feeding it? Why?

Use clean, clear water ONLY and let the pot dry ...

sinc.
    SlackerBee

10. Thank you, all for your help. I DO LOVE THEM TO DEATH, I just cant help brethin co2 on them and talking to them and checkin to see progress, I have a moisture meter now so watering should become more routine. I added a teaspoon of big grow to a gallon of tap water its sitting open till i need to water again, which wont be till they are very dry, lights off now I will post new progress later. So they were watered no nutes last night with new soil, they have a new pot to spread the roots around, I did raise them to were the tops of the cfl's were in the pic so they get more light, they looked fine this morning before lights when out. I kept the CFL's in place shining underside of leaves. I will not water till they absolutely need it, then I will douse them with nute water. I just feel they are very slow going these pics posted here are from when I first planted the clones in the pots. The leaves you see there are the clone leaves they have since yellowed and browned on the sativa but new shoots are all healthy so I am okay for now?

11. Also September 1st I planted them in quart pots transplanted last night so today is september Ninth is this growth slow or normal?:confused:

12. I wouldn't start out with full strength nutes usually for anything this young you wanna start with 1/4 strength and see how they respond..and keep increasing if they like it, if not lighten it up

13. If you used nice fresh potting soil (potting soil is already amended) , you DO NOT NEED to add ferts yet. A big chunk of beginning pot growers fall into the trap of over-feeding/over watering because they want the biggest, baddest buds and yesterday wouldn't be too soon. If you thoroughly watered that big pot, you shouldn't have to so much as lay a hand on it for the next 5-7 days :).
    BTW: Hours and hours of close observation never hurt a thing :) .
    It gets good when they start loving you back ...

All the best,
    SlackerBee

14. Haha ya man exactly hands off for almost a week depending on soil moisture just goin in and chattin with my babies ask them how they are doin give em co2 lovin all day:hello::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

15. Right on Man, it'll all come together. Patience is the order of the day :) .
    Personally, I lack patience and as a result, I've almost always run perpetual grows. I love it. Take 2 clones per week, transplant 2 and harvest 2 or whatever fits your sched.

Peace,
    SlackerBee

16. I like your style slacker Bee check out the new pics is this clone even still with us do indicas really grow that much faster cause Mango OG Lookin so so sweet and afghani wreck is worryin me dont wanna lose her, I will let her be and keep givin the co2 lovin but how do they look?:bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::hippie::smoking: