Please help my babies!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bob the bro, May 10, 2013.

1. #1 bob the bro, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    2 of my 10 3 week old babies are not doing good. I have a peat moss, per lite, and miracle grow seed starter mix. All of the other babies are doing fine. What i see on the first set of leaves is a silvery almost metallic color towards the end of the leaf. Growth has stop and the first ever leaves are turning yellow. They are getting rainwater and everything else is fine under the same conditions. What could i be doing wrong? Here are some shitty pics. You can tell which ones are the sick plants.

and by the way it was raining when i look these so that is what you see on the healthy one

Attached Files:

2. First rule is don't let water sit on the plant like you have in the pic, as it creates mold, gently shake it of, and allow to dry.
    Keep in mind that peat moss is acidic, even highly acidic, depending where you got it, so is some rainwater, lets hope you have yet to feed these babes, so don't, if you have, then flush air temp. water through and allow to recover, ensure you got big enough hole in the base, I commend you for using seed stater mix but not for using miracle grow...lol

keep warm avoid bright light for 1-2 days

3. Do you think i should add some lime. Are you confident it is because of low ph?

4. Lime used to correct a Ph issue is best done first not later,...soil acts as a buffer between the plant and it's food, and as such is very very difficult to correct a plant in soil,...for now I'd just flush and allow 2-3 days to recover.

Keep in mind many growers in coco try moss later in their careers then return to coco peat for this very same reason, unpredictable acidity

5. #5 bob the bro, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
    Do you have any idea why those two are dying and the other 8 thriving in almost the same soil mixture? Unless i screwed up with the soil of those two and don't remember. But i really doubt that.

6. No! ..all you can do is your best get a pack of Ph pool strips and test your water runoff, try and keep at around 6.5 - 7.0