Please help my babies recover!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by boboaca, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hello guys,

I need ur help to make this babies recover if there is still time to help them out. I really don't know what else to do...i am running a DWC setup with 2 plants in it. Lights are 250 MH in a Secret Jardin DR60 tent ( 60x60x160 cm ) that's 23x23x67 inches. They are in their 3rd week starting today. I haven't fed them any nutes till 2 days ago when i started with 5 ml each of Cellmaxx hydroGrow X and Grow Y plus 5 ml of RootsStimulator. They were on RootsStimulator since their first week in Rockwool. The PH is at 6.0. I have them on 20/4 light cycle with the air pump working same hours. I feed them through the drippers every 2:45 hours. The temperature is between 25 C to 31 during the light hours. At nights around 20-22 C. I know is too hot but till now i haven't been able to lower them even tho i have 2 blowers running at 15 min distance. Now i switched my light time to the night here and been able to lower the temps -around 27-28C or even 26. The leaves started to get yellow on one of the plants since a few days ago and started to have those brown little spots which now are much bigger, before i fed them any nutes. What could be the problem with them? Over watering? Too much heat? Now nute burn? The water in the reservoir is around 20 liters and kept around 20-24C. I changed the reservoir water and topped it a few times in order to keep that temperature....also used some sort of batteries which hold some liquid in them and u can freeze them, that are made for a frigo bag to keep the temperature there low as i read that is not supposed to go over 24C. I am really running out of ideas[​IMG] not sure what i did wrong. i read several sites and articles before starting it. The humidity is also an issue...between 20-30% light on and around 40% lights off but i just ordered a Humidifier. Sorry if my description is chaotic but i am desperate now seeing them droopier and in that bad shape. So please help me out...if u have any other questions shoot...just give me a hint as to what should i do to make them green again[​IMG] Thank you in advance for any information u wanna share[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. I don't know if I understood your post, are you turning your air pumps off??? If so, stop that imediatly. Air pumps run 24/7, without oxygen your plant can and will die. Also, I think you may have the rock wool too wet with the dropper.. Are the roots in the water yet?

3. Thank you for the input JFlow941...the air pump runs 20 hours, same as the lights. Do u think i'm over-watering? The roots are not in the water and i don't think they will be any time soon....i think i placed the rockwool cube too high:( but i've seen roots growing there...not sure tho when they will hit the water...what else should i do?

4. [quote name='"boboaca"']Thank you for the input JFlow941...the air pump runs 20 hours, same as the lights. Do u think i'm over-watering? The roots are not in the water and i don't think they will be any time soon....i think i placed the rockwool cube too high:( but i've seen roots growing there...not sure tho when they will hit the water...what else should i do?[/quote]

For 1 leave your air pump on 24 hours. And 2, try top feeding instead of drip feeding (fill a cup with res water and water your medium to promote root growth towards the water)

5. So I don't know how to help you but did you say that you used batteries in the freezer an dropped them in the water to lower the res temp?

6. over watered...
    You cant keep those cubes saturated like that, and you need to cover the cubes..

7. I don't have words enough to thank you guys:) Ialso flushed the water last night and they are already perking up. I will feed them once every 6 hours, is that's ok? Also i will bury them in rockwool. I will keep posting...Thank you again:)

8. Remember. These plants don't need too much water right now. I hear all they need are some drips right down the stem area. But do some more research about growing this way.

9. dude... kick yourself for using tha dinky PC fan as exhaust...sigh...

get a 4" 160-200cfm blower. or even the cheap inline booster fans, one for intake one for exhaust.

those babies dont need nutes yet, flush them thoroughly and feed 1ml grow nutes per litre of h2o. too much for them too soon.

the heat is stunting their growth.

10. Thank you again for ur thoughts and tips:) Last night i was in a hurry to describe as fast as i missed to mention some things...i have also the exhaust and intake fans as u see in the photos, the big one connected to the carbon filter exhausting to the upper and a smaller one on a side as an intake. The small one in the tent is intented for the canopy but i turned it on a few times too. i am growing in a tight space where is pretty warm so even with this working i still get high temperatures inside. In the last 2 days tho and also due to the change of switching the lights off during the day now, i have the lights on at night and the temperatures lowered a bit. I hope to see this possible girls up and fresh soon. Also i forgot to mention that i'm growing World of Seeds - Afghan Kush Ryder autoflower. I'll keep u guys on with what's happening...cheers:)

Attached Files:

11. In my experience metal halide lights are a bit intense for young plants. If you can, it might be in the plants best interest to invest in cfl's or flouroescent lights. They can be put much closer to the plants without stress.
    Best of luck :wave:

12. Don't know what to do with this babies? I am watering now 10 min every 6-7 hours...is it still too much for them? Also last night i added 5 ml of HydroGrow X and Y from Cellmax and 5 ml of RootStimulator in 20 liters of tap water. Ph is 5,7. Watered them right after i added the nutrients. This morning they looked like this, with their leaves droopy again. Maybe i have to water them even less? But i've read several forums and opinions and they are all confusing: some say to run the pump and the drippers 24/7 cause that worked for them, others to run it 6 on/ 6 off hours. There are also people who say to start the drippers for 15 min every 3-4 hours. Some say u don't need drippers, just raise the level of the water up to the bottom of the Rockwool and then when the roots hit the water to drop it. Others say u don't need any drippers but u can water them with a cup with water from the reservoir everytime u believe they need to. So lots of opinions about it. I have no idea which one is better? Maybe to water them once in a while? If u have any ideas i appreciate the support:). The reservoir temperature is around 19-20 C. Room temp is oscilating between 24-27 C. The air pump runs 24/7. Thank in advance you for all the tips or suggestions. Can't wait to see them doing better:)

Attached Files:

13. They shouldn't be on nute yet bro, your gonna fry them. Especially with how they are struggling to even root. You need to cut back to just plain phed water until you see roots and your plants look better, and then SLOWLY introduce nutes

Drippers are a personal choice, I personally don't use them. I think they are a waste of money, but that's just my opinion.