Please Help My Babies Are Dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bud0420, Jun 5, 2008.

1. i have 2 skunk plants growing in my closet they are in miracle grow potting mix under t8TL750 floros 3"s from the plants i use distilled water and once used 1/4 strenth miracle grow patio with a small amount of urine its 75 degrees in my closet and and theres a small fan blowing on them from about 4 feet away they are 3 weeks old and this is my first time growing they were doing very good UNTIL 4 days ago i noticed the middle leaves were turning yellow so i did some reading and flushed them out with more distilled water but they seem to be getting worse so i cut the dead leaves off and now the next set up are doing the same the bottom and new top seem to be doing ok but im still scared because this is some killer weed and i really love these plants already please any help at all will help
    THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!:confused:

2. any pics?

could be because of the miracle grow.

3. im trying to put up some pics

4. Yeah, the M-G is always a risk unless you are able to leave it the hell alone. The extra nutrients you gave were probably the killer here. Urine is about the toughest fertilizer you can use as you have to pay attention to dilution twice (as it's happening and when you dilute it further). All of the M-G soils I know of have enough fert in them to last a while. A lof of how it works depends on how the particular batch was processed and then how your watering habits are. I'm taking it you are probably overwatering at this point to some extent (most of us do). If you already flushed it good once, you are just going to have to let it dry up real good and then maybe flush it real good again and let it dry completely up once more. Just play the plants some of that good ol' bluegrass music and send them some good vibes. It is all in the hands of the universe now.

5. it woulnt let put any pics up ill keep trying

6. as was posted the nutes added has kicked you into trouble, MG is bad enough if they dont get better
    (I dont suspect they ever really will) transplant to better soil

seems with mg soils or any soils with timed released ferts there is always issues

7. the first pic is the leaves i cut the other 4 are of the 2 plant

Attached Files:

8. OUCH! Yeah, you gots those babies burned up good. Whoever recommended you transplant to some different soil was on the right track, but more stress on the plant at this point may not be good either.

On the plus side, the new growth don't look too terribly bad and I think if you can make sure your ph is in line it might just pull out of it as it is. Obviously you have flushed the piss out of it (no pun intended) and so you might just want to chill back in the cut, sit back, and retain yoself. Give the plants nothing but water, light, air, good vibes, and bluegrass music for the next week or two and let us know what happens.

9. Wow, you are still around.

Trust this guy. He's helped me in the past.

Idk, but you could use a little Superthrive to help with the stress. and hope for the best.

I know mg soil is fairly cheap, but the $ saved isn't worth it. If short on funds, I've found cheap peat moss, $5 for a 2.2 cu.ft. bag. Mix a little perlite, and you are good to go. Then when you feed, start with about 1/4 strength, and work up.

It's easier to add more nutes, than it is to take them away.

10. thanks for the help i just hope they can live through it. WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!

11. bro u pissed in ur pot, its going to burn/kill them no matter the amount u put in it, hopefully it dont die but dont piss in it again

12. More info needed.
    Soil, ph, lighting, ect