Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Please help ~ Mother with Lymphedema ~ Any Suggestions as to Strain for Pain Relief?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by IQHQ, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Hello

My mother has suffered with lymphedema for years. For those of you who do not know what this is, search "lymphedema" in google image and it will become immediately and abundantly clear. She is only 5 foot 2, and her massively swollen legs mean she is carrying almost 20 stone of weight (even though she is not fat ~ it's nothing to do with fat, it's fluid, although it looks like she is fat).

It pains me to see the grimace on her face as she walks around in so much pain. What I want to ask is, can anyone recommend any particular strains that might be good for her? She has never before smoked anything in her life, and so I might invest in a vaporizor if it becomes necessary. Also, I live in the United Kingdom, where it's illegal to grow, but let me worry about that, yeah? Let's treat this as a hypothetical query ~ i.e. we're moving to Amsterdam next year, ok? ;-) lol...

Anyway, obviously the climate here is temperate, so an outdoor grow might limit the types of strains that are suitable (though i'd rather grow outside if at all possible ~ we have plenty of land, so security isn't really a problem). Having said that, if there was a particular strtain that might be very beneficial, but one that isn't suitable for outdoor grows in our climate, I would consider creating an indoor grow-up to a decent spec.

Any ideas? Seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated, since I would love for her to feel some relief. Thank you sincerely in advance

:eek:)

2. Thanks man. How do you know?