please help me with this...(pesticides etc)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by houstonstonie, May 1, 2003.

?

NEW GROWER

1. ?????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I am rather new to the whole plant cultivating ring, but at the moment have a plant thats about 3 weeks old and about 8 inches high....the water leaves have died and i suppose its holdin up well...i have the plant outside in a boat in my backyard... i have a couple of questions that i would like to ask... 1. WILL PESTICIDES HARM MY PLANT OR EFFECT THE SMOKING PART OR MAKE THE BUD TASTE NASTY? 2. I
    PRESENTLY HAVE THE PLANT IN A CUP ABOUT A FOOT HIGH WITH HOLES AT THE BOTTOM OF IT AND THE CUP IS IN A POT FILLED WITH SOIL....THE ROOTS HAVE SHOT OUT THE BOTTOM AND IM WORRIED THAT IF I DONT TRANSPLANT IT SOON IT WILL DIE AND IF I DO IM WORRIED THAT ILL HURT IT IN THE PROCESS, IS IT OKAY FOR ME TO BURY THE ENTIRE CUP IN A BUCKET AND LET THE ROOTS KEEP GROWIN THROUGH THE BOTTOM? OH ONE MORE QUESTION HOW DO I TELL IF MY PLANT IS A FEMAL OR MALE?

2. I guess it would depend on the kind of bugs your dealing with I dont use anything more toxic than insecticidal soap. Remember your going to be smoking that stuff (hopefully)

Oh and yes I would replant it
    and as far as male female if your growing outside the plant should turn in fall i beleive. (not positive on that one im a inside grower)

3. ive never had any other bugs than spidermites... insecticidal soap worked fine to get rid of them

4. HEY THNX!!!! WELL I GUESS ILL RELPLANT IT THOUGH IM HELLA WORRIED!!! ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO USE THAT SOAP AND WHERE I WOULD GET IT FROM....

5. i just got a spray bottle insecticidal soap from Fred Meyer... you would be able to find it at any store with a gardening department... i would do a little research first to see what types of pests you have though... make sure you get the right product for the right pest... the soap is pretty harmless though, to both the plant and the planter or consumer

6. ALRIGHT THIS IS HELPIN ME OUT ALOT THOUGH I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF PEST I HAVE SINCE EVERYTIME I LOOK AT THE PLANT AND UNDER THE LEAVES I SEE NOTHING.....JUST A COUPLE OF LITTLE HOLES WITH BROWN AROUND THE EDGES ON SOME OF THE LEAVES.....

7. i would try out the soap then... give you plant a daily spray (not too much though) for a week or so... see if it improves... i did that, then i started spraying once every week... now once every 2 weeks