please help me with my next grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hightinkerer, Jun 12, 2011.

1. hello all.

i'm currently trying to figure out the design of my next grow space. It's going to be in an unfinished basement, so i'm thinking some sort of little homemade room (maybe 5'x5').

so i'm trying to determine what to make the room/tent out of (i've done pvc and panda film before). i'm also having a hard time deciding on the hydro system to use. i guess part of the problem is trying to decide how big the plants should get and how many plants i should try to fit in the space. one idea is to use recirculating bubble buckets. another idea to do a vertical grow with 3 or 4 horizontal pvc fence posts lining the walls of the space for the plants, and one 600w cool tube hung vertically in the middle of the space.
    ... or maybe just an ebb-flow table?

i'm a bit worried about the electricity usage getting some attention.. so i've also been thinking about going LED

anyways, i'm a bit overwhelmed by the possibilities... of course i want to maximize yield.

so any ideas and their possible yields would be great

thanks for putting up with the rambling
    hightinkerer

2. so many broad questions for a first post..

first, start with a budget... that will help narrow the field, a solid figure

then exactly how handy are you?

what are you looking to get out of this? ball park

and lastly... as long as you pay your bill on time, and never be late.. one 600 watt ballast is nothing... i have a pc that runs 24/7 that pulls more power than that...

led is junk for someone looking for a real yield, unless your smart enough to make your own LED arrays... most aren't.. so just skip it

3. yeah... i guess there were a number of broad questions... sorry 'bout that

i'm somewhat handy... that is to say, i like to try and be handy - but it takes me a bit of tinkering to figure things out.

as far as budget goes - i'm not sure. i tend to try and DIY what i can. i was planning on getting a lumatek ballast and vortex fan for cooling...

what would i like to get out of it? as much as possible. if i did four bubble buckets with larger plants- i would hope to get 3-4oz per plant or 9oz-1lbs. .... i'm thinking with the vertical grow though i could potentially have 48+ smaller plants and if each plant produced only 1 oz - that still would be 3 pounds. i think i just talked myself into doing the vertical grow... does it sound feasible?

once again... thanks for putting up with my ramblings.
    -high tinkerer

4. That will be awesome....do lots if research....post your plan of action and supply list....focus on inline pump sizes....I'll help when I get to a computer

Can't wait