Please help me with my light distance :(

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jordan1994, Feb 13, 2013.

1. I have 6 cuttings about 4-5 inches in height, these 6 cuttings are in a secret jardin griw tent with a 600w light & ballast, my qeustion is how close do i have the lights? At the minute there at the top of the tent as far as possible away and have been this way for the past day or two, please help me people!!! Also the leafs on one of my clones are turning yellow (allready were yellow when purchased) is this a problem? Thanks people!!

2. 6 cuttings are these clones ...? how tall

3. Yes they are clones and about 3-4 inches in height

4. Turn of the 600w and use a bunch of cfl's or a T5 rack 4' long and 4-6 tubes until they are about 12" tall, these clones will need some time under blue light(6500k) to grow some, currently the red of the hps is wrong resulting in tall spindly plants and shitty buds in months to come, you got a Mh use that

5. Are the cfls essential? How much of a difference will they make and if i install cfls how far awar from the clones do they want to be? Thanks

6. if the clones are rooted just keep the light high enough so the plants won't reach 30'c

cfls are great for rooting cuttings but if they have roots the hps will be fine

the yellowing is likely from an imbalance of nutrients, what soil are they in? are they fully rooted?

7. Yeah the plants are rooted mate, and the tent is running at 23degress and there in coco coir and im using canna coco A n b nutrients

8. excellent, what strength is your nutrient solution? quarter strength is about right. that should increase as the plant grows but rarely should you ever be able to use full strength

9. Yeah mate quater it is, 7.5ml to 5L of water normal is 40ml to 10L so thats about right isnt it? Thanks for your time mate al put some pics up