Please help me with my germination :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shmeeb, Jun 4, 2009.

1. For almost two days now, I have been trying to germinate my seed. [i only have 1, so it is important that i can get it to work--i dont have access to any more]. In the beginning, i put the seed in water for about 1 full day, I then moved to the paper towel method, putting the seed in between a few wet paper towels, in a plastic bag, and in between a bowl and a plate . So far nothing has really happened! Is it just a bad seed? The towels are around room temperature, maybe a little colder. Is there anything I can do to ensure germination?

Thank you!
    :peace:

2. I use the ceramic mug/tepid water germination technique, and I've enjoyed a 100% success rate. I leave the seed in a couple inches of lukewarm, low ppm tap with a ceramic plate to cover the top. I put the mug in a warm spot, usually the garage or my grow space with the light on, and I lift the plate and quickly check once every 12 hours.

Some seeds can take several days to germinate. It all depends on the viability of your seed. I've had seeds that show a taproot in 12 hours and I've had seeds that took 5 days. Anything after 5 days is sketchy...

3. I use the paper towel method myself, most of my seed popped in 2 to 3 days. But you can never tell with seeds. Keep on trying though.