please help me . sick plant

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by VegasMade1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. hey everyone im pretty new to GC. i just started my first actuall grow in my own place finally. It seems like my plant is sick and either is over fert. or is lacking nutrients. i am using 2 100W fluro lights in a 10 gal. pot. I am using Miracle Grow Garden Soil, fox farm grow big concentrate and superthrive. i water about everyone 2-3 days.. my ph is between 6.0 and 6.7 after i mix in the fertz. please help me

2. you are probably over watering and over fertilizing. Pics would help a lot. How big is the plant, how old is it, and what exactly do the leaves look like?

3. no camera at the moment trying to get it off my phone the best i can..

4. Do you know the pH of the run-off water? I find that to be more accurate.
    Does that soil have pre added nutes?
    How much Fox farm per gallon do you give it?
    I think I see heat stress. Otherwise discoloration does not look bad.

5. Miracle Grow Garden Soil has fertilizer added to it, and not the kind you want to be feeding your plants. I don't see a pic, maybe you deleted it, but you could have some nutrient burn problems.

6. heres some pics..

[​IMG]
    leaves wilted and yellow around the outside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hey man they look fine. I would not worry about it. They are pretty green. Its just the start of something; I don't know what.

8. Yes those don't look too bad. Hard to say from the pics what might be wrong. It *could* be early sigs of overfeeding or it could be some kind of nutrient imbalance.

9. kool thanks, should i still flush the plant somewhat and then slowly re add nutes?

10. ohh yeh another thing.. when should i start pruning? Wut is the definitions of fan leave? i took off a couple leaves that started looking bad, they were basically opposite sides. Just could use a little more tips for pruning. Thanks everyone

11. If it gets worse flush. A flush is 3 times amount of water than pot size. EX. 1 Gallon pot give it 3 gallons of water. Don't add nutes for a couple weeks here at least.

I recommend to stop pruning when flowering has been triggered and the plant has the making of buds on it. That is usually about 4-6 weeks into 12/12 for indicas and indica sativa hybrids.