please help me sex plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by orca, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Hi I have ten plants to sex, must start culling and repotting today!!
    thisis my first good set of pics.
    two shots, same plant, my biggest...
    will keep posting as you vote,, all assistance is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. One on the right looks female to me, I dont see any sex in the picture on the left.

3. plant 2 and plant 3

Attached Files:

4. the first two pics in post one are of the same plant, i think its a feamle, it has white hairs.... one good vote... cheers

5. Your plant 1 is certainly a girl. Jury is still out on the others.

6. thnaks, plant one is going into a bigger pot now......
    will try more pics,,, they are hard to catch right

7. My own camera cant catch the pics right either, i've had use of a friends camera though, and thorugh advice on here, if u use the "macro" function (looks like a flower icon), you get much better shots. Also as already confirmed plant 1 looks to be female lol

8. I have a good digital camera,,, and am a good photograhger,,, and am using the macro function,,,, so its frustrating, am enlarging in my nero program,,,, and cropping and its just annoying not to get a good picture of what i am seeing. ..... took a look at the other ten ,,, a little early to tell,
    I started a few seeds every four-five days since i was learning how to grow indoors and had some flubs. the 13 plants are all about 8- 10 inches high and very bushy.
    I have the high times article in plastic at my knee and look close very three days.
    so i think I will look at the smaller plants in a few days,
    repotted the big ice plant am happy she is a she!!! my biggest plant and future mother.
    I suspect plant two is male,,, but another few days should tell.

I just spent an hour watering, trimming lower leaves, repotting, adjusting lights, man, they take a lot of work some days and my space is small. I have a spider problem and am spraying, which burned a few top leaves, but the roots are strong so i expect bounce back. I really want to find the girls so i can get them into bigger pots.
    will be back with more photos in a few days.I apprecate everyones help,,, stay tuned.

9. Ya, I'm dealing with the same issues. Trying to get good macro shots of the nodes, but not seeing anything conclusive. To me, the second pic in yer first post is showing a pistil, very clearly, imo. Plant 2 doesn't seem conclusive, but you have what looks like a pod, possibly a male pollen sac, in plant 3. But really hard to say!

Cantharis' sticky on sexing is really good, but you need a damned good piece of glass and good lighting to see the sex that clearly. I've been checking daily and taking pix daily, but the plants are on their own schedules in terms of revealing sex. For better or worse, the immature pollen sacs should not represent any danger to the eventual fems since it will take time for the sacs to develop and zip open when mature.

I'm always happy to look at pix and offer an opinion if ya feel like posting em. GL!! :D