PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'General' started by MacGyverGirl, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I've woken up 6 times with crippling severe muscle spasms in my back and it lasts for over an hour sometimes 2-3.

I finally went to the ER last night driven by my mom and they have me a shot in my ass and a pink lady. We've noticed they occur everytime I eat too much/eat unhealthy. (I have IBS and a horribly sensitive stomach)

Well, they did blood work and chest x rays and sent me home with muscle relaxers. I got home from the ER about 6am (was there for 3 hours) and took one of the muscle relaxers and didn't wake until 11:30am this morning. I felt a bit off but ate some cookies and some broth. I've been nauseas since.

I took another one about noon maybe a bit later and slept 2:30-5:30 and woke up SUPER nauseas and sweating and I ended up in the bathroom with dry heaves and sweating even more and I'd been thirsty/dry mouth since the ER visit and still am.

The few ways to relieve my spasms are to curl my spine forward into almost an O shape (I don't have a choice anyways since the spasms create pressure forcing me to bend like that anyways and makes it hard for me to breathe because it pushes on my lungs and I literally have to FORCE air into my lungs only to have it pushed out 2 seconds later) or to have my elderly mother who I sometimes stay with pick me up and stretch my back to release whatever gas buildup may also be in there.

Please can anyone help me or give any feedback or related experiences? Please.. I'm on the toilet for the 4th time with diarrhea too and I just want to die anymore... I'm begging for help.

2. Our doctors will be in shortly

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Sounds like a job for the GC doctors

4. I feel nausea again and I have an ice pack on my back I just want to die now..

5. .....More weed?

6. I'm dry and don't think I could stomach smoking right now.

7. IBS wouldn't do that to you. I know I have IBD and that's much worse.

Nobody on GC can tell you. See a doctor. Those are odd symptoms. 

8. I ate a malox tablet and the moment I started chewing I proceeded to hurl and hurl and hurl. I feel better and they're sending my neighbor to get blue Gatorade (I specify blue becuse if they get red and I puke, I'll be terrified it's blood.)

9. #9 Storm Crow, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    I can get violently ill when I eat benzoate of soda/ sodium benzoate.  I have learned to avoid it the hard way. When I get poisoned by it, I vomit, have stomach cramps, chills and fever feelings, and diarrhea. No fun at all! When I was in my 20s I went to see a doctor about it. He wanted to remove my gall bladder- without any testing! :eek:

I had a toddler to take care of, and kept delaying the surgery. And one day a Prevention Magazine was delivered and in it was a letter about a gal with the same symptoms, only she had gotten the surgery, but NO relief! So she decided it had to be dietary and went on an elimination diet. When she removed sodium benzoate from her diet, her symptoms disappeared! :yay:

I tried removing sodium benzoate and it worked for me, too! :hello:  No SB, no problems! I still have my gall bladder.   You may have an allergy to one of the thousands of chemicals that abound in most foods! For most folks these chemicals cause no immediate problems, but some of us need a natural diet! Do I eat a "perfect diet"? Nope! But neither will I eat anything with SB in it!

Granny

10. I have an unfortunately feeling I managed to catch the flu from the ER. I just have horrid luck like that. After puking I drank some water because I'm going to dehydrate if I keep going like this, but I'm feeling pukey again. I've nibbled on some apple bits too.

Granny-
    I do know for me consuming any high fructose corn syrup does make me sick, but I will definitely have to look into that. Thank you for sharing that and once I stop burping and slowly dying I will definitely check it out and see what happens.

11. I fink u onet jus atentsion

Nice.

13. You need a chinese woman to walk on your back. It's the only cure.

14. Maybe check out webmd or a medical forum.

15. probably allergic to the medication. you should see a doctor.

If you know eating too much or eating unhealthy food sets you off, maybe cookies and broth isn't the best bet... most broth is pretty heavy in sodium, and cookies are... well, they're cookies. 

How is your diet overall? If you tend to eat a lot of sodium, processed foods, junk foods, desserts, etc, then that's probably not helping your situation. Maybe try sticking to fruits, veggies, and some simple protein like baked chicken breast for a while? :confused_2: 

17. I called up my insurance company and I have some chiropractor appointments set up. We're thinking that I have a damaged nerve/muscle in my back, and when I eat too much/my IBS acts up and I get swollen/bloated with gas which puts pressure on my said damaged muscle/nerve and triggers this to happen.

18. acupuncture...have you ever?

for your spasms of course, not your IBS.

19. I was dieting for awhile and lost quite a bit of weight and was healthy, but lately I have to admit I've been bad and have been snacking. It's hard not to when you serve ice cream for a living. ^^;