Please help me ..No trichromes but pistils r turning?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bennydino, Dec 4, 2017.

1. I have more pics but this should be enough, sorry bout the led light, best I could do. Basically the pistils are really starting to turn but the buds have next to no trichromes, just what looks to be perspiration.. yeah as you can clearly see there are still trichromes present but I'm around week 5/6 flower, unknown strain under 300w LED, plant was given to me in rough shape and I got it healthy.. anyone seen anything like this? Maybe it's just the strain and trichs come later?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blurple light ALWAYS makes pistils look further along than they are. Put the plant in daylight and then tell us what u see. I bet it isnt what you think

3. The plant look nothing special though

4. is that 300 actual watts or 300 equivalent watts? most likely it's a combination of poor genetics and poor lighting. those are 2 things you can't really cheap out on. if you can't afford a decent LED just get a 600w HPS or something, probably get one for under a couple hundred.

get a better light and you'll have more trichomes and bud production. lol you should not need magnification to see trichomes at 5-6 weeks.

this is day 26 and these are shitty genetics (canyuck seeds)
    DSCN2340.JPG
    DSCN2342.JPG

5. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. starting to look good patients .

7. Some leaves look twisting, any leaf curling on the fans? picture of most / whole plant?

i'm thinking heat issues / possible lack of strong light but i want to make sure first.

Temp / humidity top of canopy? ph? nutes?

8. I PH every feeding, flora series nutes and micros, temps are mid 20s, humidity is un monitored but I mean I have a grow room that's 60% and this ones probably around 50-55, it's a mars hydro 300w, I have good genetics here for my next grow, she was a free plant

9. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. No signs of heat stress, did have a prob w nitrogen tox that keeps coming back, flushed yesterday w micros and I'm mixing a new mute batch today. The light has yeilded me a QP last year on one plant which isn't bad so I don't think it's the light

11. Thanks for the reply! The light has served me well in past grows, mars hydro 300w. And I'm fully aware I should be able to see trichs right now that's why I made the post... I'm chalking it up to genetics right now but I am really hoping it's not just cuz my roommate thinks it's impossible to grow anything worth while but I'm not planting my good genetics till I'm back from vacation so I was hoping this lil lady would be good enough to make him realize he's an idiot

12. Can you zoom out and show us a picture that shows a lot of fan leaves and most of the plant in general?

13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Like I said I'm away of the N toxicity.. dark leaves+slight clawing. But never heard of it affecting trichromes production, it's not even like they're not developing they're just non-existent

14. I gave you why I think the pistils are changing earlier--from my experience.
    The trics or lack of them is due to nitro tox. --again from my experience. You need K and P of the NPK to get tric and good flower development. go to a .X-2X-2X ratio fert

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. To much nitrogen bruh you said it yourself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. agree . pushing the n to hard. you actually have burnt tips from it.

17. Will continue treatment then! And keep u guys posted!

18. So I gave the plant a full flush w no N do u think it's too late or my baby might be able to recover

19. She will recover but u will need to add a week or two to flower if possible. You will b surprised. In one or two days it could look like winter... all frosty ...but you have to be spot on from here out. Go with a fert that has little n and a lot of P and K. I would also run a 13 hour light 11 hour dark cycles to see if you can catch up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. [​IMG][​IMG]

Hey guys so I noticed the girls look slightly more frosty after the flush! But I noticed some spotting, could be because I watered w no nutes to flush the first time. Any insight?