Please help me kind blades of GC

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ECrass, Oct 23, 2011.

1. This is my prized possession. I let my stupid friend use it while I wasn't there and they knocked it over and broke the "downstem" off from the top joint (which is the only thing I ever complained about on this piece) up.
    If anyone knows how probable it is to get this fixed please tell me. I just want my baby back :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wait for Smily to come in with some input. Or just PM him directly. Smilyagent.

3. Clean that shit that is nasty.

4. If I were trying to show it off I definitely would have cleaned it before posting pictures, but its kind of broken and I could literally shank someone with what's left of the downstem. I think I'm going to avoid cleaning it and possibly cutting myself until I know if it will get fixed.

Here's some pics from her glory days:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Its definitely fixable, how tall is it? and no matter who fixes it it has to be 100% clean

6. [quote name='"smilyagent"']Its definitely fixable, how tall is it? and no matter who fixes it it has to be 100% clean[/quote]

Doesn't look like much of a clean break, how would you go about fixing it? Sanding it down to a smooth edge and welding a new joint then reinforce it?

7. dosnt have to be a smooth break, and no ive never sanded glass (and you never should unless in a bucket of water). i personally would either rip off all that excess glass and weld a new joint or cut off the jagged part with my saw and weld a new one.

8. Oh no worries I wouldn't dare bring a dirty piece of glass into a head shop/studio. It's 23' and was originally an 18mm.

9. that sucks so bad. i would be pretty shooken up over that break.