Please help me grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bulletfan, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I know nothing about growing and iv just been reading up. I just need enough for myself and I smoke everyday. I have a whole basement but for the first time I want to grow in my closet in a 2 grow boxes. If anyone can tell me what to build or how to build it id really appreciate it. I dont know anything about building either. I can get seeds maybe not the best but I can get them and I do have a whole closet and a whole lot of time. so I think the first step is making the grow boxes so if you guys can please help me build one.

2. bulletfan,
    If you have the basement, I would STRONGLY recommend using it. Grow boxes restrict you soooo much with plant headroom, and can be a challenge to keep cooled. Many people do it, but it is so much easier to use a corner of your basement.
    Look at any good grow store & they will sell heavy duty plastic sheeting, black on the outside and white on the inside. This stuff is very tough, lightproof, and very simple to drape to enclose your grow area.
    For your consumption habits, I'd recommend a 250W HPS bulb / ballast and a 250W metal halide conversion bulb (for initial veg., runs in a high pressure sodium ballast). Enclose a 2X2 corner, up to 2.5' X 2', and you should be in business.
    A 400W similar system would be even better, but that will probably grow more bud than you need. Still, 400Watters are sweet while still easy on the utility bill.
    Add a fan, a carbon scrubber filter / fan combo, and you're set.
    Bestaluck to ya.

P.S. - if you still decide to go the grow box route, check the DIY section of this forum for many good ideas.

3. I want to just try growing first then really make it my hobbie type thing. I still want a grow box or I can jsut use my closent. what do you think is better?

4. Closet's simpler and lest restrictive than a grow box. Just partition off one end with plastic & be sure you ventilate properly.
    Nothing wrong with the grow box, just more than you need for a first try.

5. Describe your living situation. Do you have a whole house to yourself? Do you need to keep it hidden from room mates? Basements are great places to grow. Basement bathrooms are even better.

Any grow room will need white reflective surfaces. What's more reflective than white bathtub tiles in your average home? You'll need a source for water. Check. You'll need to worry yourself with drainage after you water your plants. Check. You'll need an exhaust fan to pump the air out of your grow room. Bathrooms usually already have fans to pump moisture out, and if not, they have a window nearby.

6. I realy like that idea but for right now i either have a closet or for i was even thinking a dresser grow box right by a window with a window fine and hooke u a vent there to vent out and i have another window right buy and bushes are all outside. Yes I need to hide it from 1 person in my house and everyone helps to keep her in the dark.

7. Go for it. I highly recommend going with your final design instead of investing in a temporary grow area. Get your boxes/tents together, test them out, and plant your seeds. Personally, I'd be more comfortable building a throw-away enclosure than converting a permanent closet for a test run, but that's just me.

I smoke everyday too. I also like to make oil and give some bud out to friends who are out. I use a 400w and a 250w in separate boxes strictly for personal use and it's perfect for my needs. I never run out and I have extra to play with or get me through a dry period.

Hope I answered some of your questions :smoke:

8. ATA Road Cases | Custom Cases | Flight Cases | RoadCasesUSA

is where i found my box im using, it works great for me..
    im using a trunk that is 44"x25"x21" i think thats the size.. it was only $119.. but there are tons of different sizes to use for what you may need..

and im using CFL's to keep down the price and heat..

hope this can help you get an idea

Good Luck!

im subbed