Please help me! First grow!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Paustin121697, Apr 15, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My question is why does one of my plants seem to grow healthier than the other one they are both at 14 days after sprouting and have basically been growing at a very even pace with each other until a few days ago but the better plant has already got five point fan leaves and is developing petals for the leaves on the underside but the other one has just been developing new growth on the top a little bit slower than the other one but has not developed any of the five Point fan leaves yet or new growth on previous leaves below am I doing something wrong to this one or is it just a slow plant? I also just recently transplanted them into these bigger pots from one of those trays of six mini pots. Also at first I was just going with two CFL bulbs but now I added the LED grow light at the top and kept the 2 CFLs, idk if any of this makes a difference because I have cared for both of them equally, but ANYONE who can help please lmk here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. They actually look great man. Nothing wrong with them i can see.

3. Yea they look great, even if they are the same strain and sprouted at the same time it dosnt exactly mean they'll grow at the same rate

• Like Like x 1
  4. Potluck is absolutely right, it's like bitching because your brother is taller than you. But we have the same parents!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey i just noticed you have a broken cfl on the floor, you realize how dangerous that is? Thos cfl's have mercury in them it's in a dusted form too i believe to it can blow around. you should get that thing cleaned up because mercury poisoning isn't pretty.

6. Alright thanks and yeah I actually dropped it changing bulbs a little prior to the pics its cleaned up, but its normal that the one plant does nit have 5 points yet?

7. i can see five on the third set. The second should have 5 but since the third does i wouldn't worry. Some go 1,3,5,7,9 some never hit 9. They look healthy i wouldn't worry about it.

8. I appreciate the help lol

9. 2-3 different phenos for one strain is typical. Unless you grow out 5 or more of one breed its more rare to have 2 plants identical in growth and look. I have 3 lkh right now and all 3 look different.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I just read somewhere that one of the signs of a really healthy plant is continued growth of first leaves, one plant is beautifully but the other isn't at all so it has me worried is all

11. [​IMG] here is when they were the same

12. 1,3,5 is typical for almost all strains. Obviously there's exceptions for every rule. We all worry, and stress things that come up during various stages of life. Some times we're right and we're able to catch problems early, other times we worry over nothing. So long as she has good color, is showing signs of growth, the leaves appear healthy, let her ride until another symptom shows

13. See you see them looking the same and I can already see variants in the look. Left plants leaf thins toward the stem with no over lap, right has over lap. The rights stem is just a tad bit more purple than the left. The blades on the left appear much more serrated than the right. None of these things indicate a problem for either. Just shows different characteristics

14. The whit powder is diatomaceous earth food grade, an organic substance that works as an insecticide that is harmless to the plant and now that you say it I do see those differences

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. So is it bad to check in on them from time to time then?

16. I check on mine a few times a day and document progress every other day as well as keep a journal on here I update every few days. I think what he means is just leave em be and carry on as you were until another problems occurs

17. Yeah that makes sense

18. They're different phenotypes not every plant will grow the exact same even though they are the same strain. I have four Aurora Indica plants in flower that are all doing different things at the moment.

Ganja Grow Gardens
    BuddingPotential