Please help me figure out what's wrong with my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Akhenenra, Oct 24, 2022.

1. I did some googling and it seems like it's either a sulphuric, manganese, or potassium deficiency. I don't think it would be potassium because Im feeding a high potassium fertilizer.
    Was hoping for some help for a more confirmed diagnosis before I take the next steps. I am on about week 7 of growing this plant, it's critical purple auto flower in case that matters. Appreciate the help.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Well they definitely have too much of something! At first I thought nute burn, but I'd lay off that "high potassium fertilizer" for a week to 10 days and see if they bounce back. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Burn

• Like Like x 2
  4. Just water for now

we need better pics as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Do you often have the leaves wet like that with lights on?

• Like Like x 2
  6. standard nute burn here Nutrient Burn or try a flush with 3 times the pot volume
    do it days end with air temp water so it drips out over night

good luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. just water and you may be able to salvage her but if she is an auto the fertilizer may have done too much damage next run dont think of fertilizer as food think of light as food and only fertlize if needed

• Like Like x 3
  8. @Vee
    New handle?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. #10 TimJ, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    I'd suggest posting a better picture, without doing so it's really hard to diagnose your issue/issues. At lights off take another picture. I recently crossed an Auto purple with a Critical auto flower. This plant is currently at week 8. 20221025_112528.jpg
    Yours should look similar to this. This strain is sativa leaning and requires less nutrients and can even be a bit sensitive to over feeding.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I second the comment about photo quality. Adjust the white balance on your camera so that a photo of a sheet of white paper under your lights looks true white. If you can't manually adjust it, try using the different presets until it looks right.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I just realized that the plant is tied in place and sitting on a rack that rests on a cardboard box. How are you watering to run off? Or are you in some sort of organic growing medium using teas. If you're using salt based nutrients you should be watering to run off. That alone would cause the issues you're seeing. If that's the case. Flush your medium and feed 300 ppms or under until finish and hope for the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. THANK YOU THANK YOU. ok. I was feeding on the FF schedule but I will cut the amounts. Should I use something like FF sledgehammer to flush the nutes or just use water?

I have the plant in a fabric pot and the extra water runs out of it. The rack is to help lst it- I bent the branches into place to make a level shelf. I'm not sure what you mean by watering to run off. The cardboard is just to get it close enough to the light to get the levels I need (I use a light meter.)

Yeah sorry the color is all messed up, that's from the HPS bulb. lemme see if I can get a better photo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Here are some better photos. The plant was looking green and healthy up until about 2 ish weeks ago, that is when I started feeding a high p/k fertilizer for flowering so I guess that tracks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yip ...its a Political thing ..Im a Swede now, as the amount of 'TAX' I pay will show ....lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. #16 TimJ, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    You can use sledgehammer if you have it. Flush three times the pots volume with water. Then feed very lightly. I'd use your Big Bloom at 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. It's a very light feed of under 100 ppm plus whatever your water contains.

• Like Like x 2
  16. @TimJ Just read that piece and I have to savitas growing 45 inches then started dying, Too much nutes I guess . Always have grown indicas. So sativa dont need too much, Where can I get more info. GC have any.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #19 TimJ, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    There are many great threads that you can find using the search feature here. I also saw a few that @The Bag Boy posted from another site recently.
    I grow out several different sativa leaning strains and they always have lower nutrient requirements than heavy indica leaning varieties. I'm currently growing out a Raspberry cough that also requires very little to keep her happy. I've grown her 5 times now and she is happiest in cycled soil with a very light re-amendment.