please help me diagnose my sick ladies.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ISTANDALONE, Jan 3, 2008.

1. so i've got four plants, two white widow clones and two arjan's haze #3 under 400w hps in mostly soiless mix. all they've ever been fed is foxfarms growbig/bigbloom/tigerbloom and i've got the opensesame, beastiebloomz and chaching for the final 45 days. they all vegged for 60 days and went on 12/12 on 12/11/07. the problem started out looking like nute burn. yellowing starting at the lowermost leaves and working it's way up. i though this odd being that i've been giving them 1/4 dose just to be safe- easier to fix a def then a surplus. anywho i flushed them out and they don't really seem to be getting better. also, some of the leaves are now exhibiting brown spots in conjunction with the yellowing. i'm really hopeing somebody can help me diag this, as these four plants are all i've got this grow and i'd hate to lose my harvest due to something that is preventable. i'll attach a pic below, so you can see for yourselves how it looks. thanks in advance to any and all who might lend some advice.

well, i can't load the pics because it says the file is too big, and can't figure out how to shrink or compress it. maybe someone will know what the ailment is from my description.

2. What is your runoff ph?
    what is the ph of the fluid your feeding them?
    Maybe they are hungrier than you think. Without pics it's tough. I went thru the hungry thing with my girls recently. The brown spots are the thing I wonder about.

Good luck.:smoking:

3. the ph of water/feed solution i have to adjust to 6.8ish. this just dawned on me that i haven't been checking the ph lately, and we have town (chlorinated) water not well. maybe i'm getting ph nute lockout. but the spots? i'm stumped on that. i'll try to get a pic up this weekend, once i figure out how to shrink it. i went to a site i found that will shrink your pics for you, but after dicking around with that it said the pics were over the size limit to shrink. fucking shoot me, please. they're even too big to shrink!

4. can you lower the resolution on your camera? i had to turn mine all the way down for the site to accept them. also, you have to always be aware of ph, letting that slip could cause you lots of headaches when you feel that you are doing everything right. i'm no pro but i learned my lesson about ph the hard way and it seems that lots of people hear make the same mistake. ever notice that ganja guerilla always starts his diagnosis with what is the ph, although he hasn't been hear lately, where is he?

5. i'll try that with my camera. i took the pic on macros setting, hoping that the resolution would be better and show the problem well. and i believe your spot on about the ph. i've been kinda lax on that lately, and the water in our town gets treated periodically and it got a dose of chlorine very recently. so i usually just let the water sit for a few days without the cap on the jugs to evap the chlorine. i'll try again later to get the pic up.

6. here's that pic i've been promising. like i had said, i was sort of lax on testing my water for ph, and since i've flushed them with ph balanced water and have been feeding them with ph'd water they look much much better, but still some spots are appearing.

Attached Files:

7. go to the link in my sig and over on the right are all sorts or deficiencies and problems, with pics, check it out, and tell us what you think.

8. after careful consideration and much research i've decided that the yellowing is from nute deficiency due to ph lockout. but, i have bugs too. a while back i had what i believed to be thrips and got rid of those with something called "organicide" from my local hydro store. it's made from edible fish oil, and sesame oil. this took care of that particular issue (the bugs were living and festering in the soil) but these pests are different. under a scope they look like mites, but not spider mites, and leave the telltale white spots behind them from sucking the chlorophyl out of the leaves, along with their bug poop. this organicide won't touch them, doesn't even phaze them. i think i'm going to boil up a few cigarettes in a quart of water and spray the little fuckers with that. i'll do some more research and post back exactly what they are if i find out, and what kills them.

9. i would get some k+ Neem oil spray from your local hydro shop

10. update, it looks like they have died off. maybe the organicide took a while to get them, but only time will tell if they come back. the directions on the bottle say to use it once a month, sort of an a preventative maintanance type thing. i'll definitely be doing that from now on as it seems my plants are for some reason bug magnets.

11. Hey man I was going to tell you if it is in a soil-less mix the pH should be from 5.2-5.8. If it is in soil-less and out of the range, then pH lockout is occuring. Be careful with white widow. I know from experience it burns easily, and I use FF Grow big too which is organic and not likely to burn; yeah right organic can burn it too.