please help, light schedule

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Godofwar, Oct 2, 2011.

1. #1 Godofwar, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    I know mothers and vegging plants can be on 18 - 24 hr light schedules, but when the plants actually do have their dark period, say on an 18 hr schedule, will any light interruptions stress the plants and subsequently cause me problems?

Plants hermie in flower if the dark period is interupted, does the same concept apply to veg?

2. Yes. You do not fuck with light schedules lol. If you need to look at your girl at night use a green light the plants cant see it.

3. Most regular lights won't stress the plant too much, however. I find having a 30 watt regular incandescent bulb helps for viewing purposes in short bursts and doesnt cause any abnormalities (thus far, at least). But any other light, whether it be cfl, hps, mh, or anything would possibly fuck a lot of things up.

4. hey folks...mind if I chime in?
    Don't go sticking a bright shiny light in my eyes while I'm sleeping unless you're prepared to suffer the consequences.
    I think your girls have a similar outlook on the quality of their sleep.
    "doesn't cause any abnormalities" ? OK, but not increasing the health or yield of your baby either.
    lights off...stay off....avoid the temptation...say good morning to em when the lights are on

as a side note....many of us have cheaper electric bills if lights are on after 6pm, keeping your flower lights on during the coldest part of the day and lights off during the hottest part of the day.
    i think this is a mistake unless you can cool your "night" temps below your "day" temps. if we're really trying to replicate mother nature in a box (kinda), keep with your plants natural cycles to the extent you can.
    just my opinion, but i'm no horticulturist, just a simple farmer

5. You're right, it doesnt increase the health or the yield, but it also doesn't decrease it. Unless you're using light of the right/wrong spectrum.

Stay away from anything over 30 watts.
    Stay away from blacklights.

Thats my advice. What you or anyone else does with it is up to you or them.

6. I have a 120 mm pc fan wired for my exhaust, i didnt realise until it was wired and set up that they have little blue LED's on them, fan will stay on 24/7 so i was hoping that if the lights were constant it wouldnt cause any problems. thoughts?

7. It really depends on how powerful the LED's are. I shouldnt think the small leds on a computer fan would cause any issues, but then again, I could be wrong. You could either wait and see, or cover them in some form just to be on the safe side.

8. cover with layers of black nail polish until not visible

9. Simple but effective! lol Definitely a good idea.

10. [quote name='"DnKBuds"']

Simple but effective! lol Definitely a good idea.[/quote]

Yea...i like that..

11. thank you very much gentlemen!

12. Not a problem. Any time you have a question, feel free to drop by my grow thread or shoot me a PM and i'll help in any way I can. If I don't know, I'll find someone who does haha :smoke: