Please help - leaves turning brown shrivelling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by westcountrygirl, Jul 25, 2013.

1. #1 westcountrygirl, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Hi all. Indoor autoflower grow under CFLs. I usually turn 8 plants around every 2.5 months without problem.

The only thing different with this grow is that the grow room has obviously been a lot hotter because of UK heat wave. I've compensated with more water. Have a good oscillating fan.

Am halfway into the grow, and some of the plants appear to be really suffering. Many of the top leaves are shrivelled, edges look burned/brown.

Is there any way I can rescue?

Any help gratefully received. :-( 

2. You may lose the leaves that turned brown/shriveling due to heat stress but if you can cool it down now you'll probably save the plant itself. These things are pretty resilient. Fans, exhaust, whatever it takes to cool it down. Don't worry about the old leaves - just concentrate on new growth from here on out.

J

3. PH is fine, so I think it's definitely heat stress and over-watering. 

I've had lights on 24/7 as they're auto flowerers. So I'll give them some dark for 6 hours per day, water less, and maybe give the leaves a misting. 

Any other solutions for heat stress plants? Over-watered plants?

Help gratefully received!!!

4. I would say with Autos, you ought to just do 4 hours off.. and do it at the hottest part of the day! Make sure it's a consistent light schedule as well.

5. Yes there is help available! Lol

Seriously though - start utilizing liquid silica in your watering & foliar regime. I use DynaGro "ProTekt" in my organic garden faithfully. I really use it as (the best!) emulsifier for organic cold pressed neem oil foliar sprays - oil won't mix with water, right, so the silica works perfectly as an emulsifier to breakdown the oil so that it will mix with water as a foliar spray.

http://www.dyna-gro.com/003.htm

So - not only does it work excellent as an emulsifier but silica also strengthens cell walls. By doing this, it will make your stems and branches much stronger, it will toughen the outside skin (bark) of your plant, and by doing this it naturally makes your plants much more resistant to heat stress and cold tolerance - I will tell you; this stuff is a must-have in my gardens. By making your plants stronger and having a tougher "bark" on your stems and branches it also makes your plants more resistant to insect damage.

Win-win!

At a quarter teaspoon (I use a little bit more) per gallon, a cheap quart lasts forever. You will find this product at almost any garden shop - it is one of two bottled products that I use, the other being BioAg Fulvic Acid.

Best,

J

6. "just do 4 hours off.. and do it at the hottest part of the day!"

Fantastic advice Ganjas - this is exactly how I run my timers. By having your lights run at night/off during hotter daylight hours you end up with a much cooler grow area in the summer and a little warmer during cold winter nights.

Again - good advice!

J