Please help just finished first grow box and need advice

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by C-Commander, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Hey guys I just finished my first box an have a few questions, first of all here's a pic, it's only 2'x2'x2'. I'm just worried I went overkill with the fan, I got a 6" vortex an filter so when I upgrade to my actual tent down the road I won't have to buy a new one. I bought the fan controller to turn it right down but I'm still worried it's over kill. I have a 300w 9 band LED panel on way an also have a few 2' 6500k t5s an a few 26w 6500k cfl's. Is this to small a space for the 300w led? I still have to cut my intake holes I'm going to do four 2" holes since my exhaust hole is 4". Any advice appreciated. Thanks! An incase anyone asks those are just dandelions an plantain other common weeds growing for my tortoises food lol ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411673177.017565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Shouldn't be too overkill, especially since you planned for future larger space. How tall do you plan on keeping the plants? The led should be fine as long as the plants don't get closer than 5 or 6 inches I would think.... Also in that small space with that much light - your fan might save your ass from temperature problems

135w UFO LED Micro Grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1308910-135W-Led--Organic-1St-Grow

3. +1 on the fan. I am running the same fan in a 2x3x5 tent.  It is currently cooling a 298 watt mix of CFLs and LEDs. It keeps the tent around 4-5 degrees over room temp in my apartment at a low and quiet setting. Sounds like you got the right fan for the job. 

Oh and first post too!

4. Ok perfect that's what I wanted to hear thanks guys, I'm planning to keep it pretty small probably do SCROG, this will be my first grow so I hope everything goes well

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum