Please help I'm getting a little worried

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by J DOG 24, Apr 16, 2011.

1. I'm on my first medical grow and Im having a little trouble I'm vegging in a 4' by 4' by 7' tent with a 400 watt mh I have about 20 plants in 1.5 gallon buckets my lights r in cool tubes my veg tent got so humid that there was water all over the floor and dripping down the sides now my plants seem crispy and there drooping and curling in like claws I ended up putting 10 in flower before this started and now my plants in flower r turning yellow and have brown spots on some of them and some r really droopy like there ready to die do u think it could b root rot because of the humidity o yea I got my 1.5 gallon pots at the dollar store and drilled holes in one and put that pot into another one to catch the water could that have something to do with it PLEASE HELP before it's to late

2. You should be dumping that runoff after it's finished running off. You should get a thermometer with humidity measure, I bought one from Home Depot for 11 dollars.
    Pictures would help a lot.

3. more airflow. lots of it.

4. Can alot of humidity give u root rot and do they feel crispy and curl from root rot

5. I don't see why humidity would, but leaving those pots sitting in the container holding the run-off could. The drooping could be over-watering, due to sitting in that run-off water.

What are your temps and ventilation like? If you had adequate airflow I don't see why you'd have a humidity issue of this extent. The heat could explain the other symptoms your plants are showing if that's the case.

6. You need a heavy exhaust fan and an equally heavy intake fan as well as an oscillating fan to evaporate the extra water. Try to open up a hole in the tent while your waiting to have it all set up. I know how bad moisture problems can be, I'm currently fighting an impossible root rot problem in my DWC tent.

Excess humidity/water can cause severe problems to a plants health. It's definately something you want to get checked out ASAP.