Please HELP!!!!!im a tad too hot.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by suspect, Jul 11, 2007.

1. my room is 19.5' by 5' with 6 1000 watt hps
    --central air
    --5000cfm exhaust blower
    --500 cfm canfan on the central air vent in the floor
    --18'' wallmounted circulation fan
    and my temp is still in and around 85-95 degrees and my plants are barely showing any signs of heat stress, other than that they look great, but i still would like to get the
    average temp down 10 degrees......:confused:
    any suggestions people???????

heres a pic from before i added 3 hps.

Attached Files:

2. Buy an AC unit for that room

3. there arent any windows,
    got anyhing else???

4. Cool tubes for all the lights... already gone as far as you have, why not

5. thats actually what i was thinkin bout doin last week, but I cant find em anywhere around my city, so i guess im shit outta luck then eh?
    all i gotta do is get through the next 6 weeks till the temp drops enough to suck my air in from outside......

6. Cooltube wont house those MH bulbs...You will have to use a MH conversion bulb if you are gonna put one in a cooltube. I for 1 can vouch that you need to fix your problem NOW because when you go into flowering and use HPS bulbs your temps will go wayyyyyyy up. Also you will raise Humidity. They make freestanding AC units where you can run the exhaust ventwork whereever you like but they are pricey.

7. What temp are you keeping your ac in your house. Also can you run a couple more feeds off the centeral air to the attic. This may also help. I had a similar issue where i am using central air. I had to up my house temp to 65 this helped my room stay in for flowering 71-78 avg rarely it gets up to 83. If the outside temp goes down and the ac doesn't come on my room gets up to 90's for a high of 94 but that. However I think the HPS isn't as hot as a MH conversion bulb. That son is hot as hell. Its veg area it keeps it 78 -83.

However i just read your setup again, damn 6 1000 watt hps. NO idea. Other than running some ducts and adding more ac vents.

Oh yea there is one other way, C02 supplements help your grow pot in hotter weather. Not sure how it works but atleast may be a start for something you can research.

Carbon dioxide
    Carbon dioxide is a gas that is essential for the light reactions in all plants that carry on photosynthesis. CO2 is absorbed through the leafs stomates and is combined with water and light energy to form glucose (used by the plant as energy) and oxygen (which is released). Therefore supplementing CO2 to the existing amount in the air will speed up photosynthesis and therefore, growth will occur faster. Experimentation has also shown that CO2 can help marijuana tolerate higher temperatures (up to 95 degrees F) with little affect on the rate of photosynthesis

something i pulled off the net..