Please Help-I think this is mold?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Changeling, Sep 9, 2013.

1. I went to water my plant today and saw this http://i.imgur.com/pSwizPs.jpeg. I'm guessing mold but not entirely sure. It also looks like it could be a bug? I realized that the soil was pretty moist and that it hasn't been draining as well as I'd thought. Does anyone know what this is and if it's treatable? I'm going to be really upset to see months of hard work down the tubes a couple weeks before harvest. :/

2. trash can, sir. try again. gotta keep airflow, especially during flowering

As the man said, mold/bud-rot, she's gone.

4. sorry man that really sucks i just lost two of my plants to a huge spider mite infestation real bummer

but kill that plant and bleach the area before you grow again

5. Dammit so there's no possibility of it coming back from this? I was going to remove as much mold as possible and let her dry up, that's a no-go?

6. Never Say Die! ....mold, so much I'm struggling to ID the suckers, so lets start by wrapping the pot in a trash bag so the soil is water proof,
    then in a large rubbermaid or bath, fill with air temperate water, then add 10% household bleach, this is vital you get that right, so you need to know the volume of the bath, once done dip the plant like the way a priest baptizes the sinner, you are trying to not wash the mold off just drench it, after about 10 dunkings, gently shake of excess water, .. allow to dry in a very windy place, no windy place use a hair dryer on cool for ten minutes, 
    Allow to recover in dim light overnite or 1x day, no water at all until the pot is airy light, 
    then as per above advice, wash down grow room and all tools, with another 10% bleach solution and "HOT" water, allow to dry well, mold is caused by no venting or very little, and high humidity, so increase both, once you have had mold, mold is very difficult to be rid of, it will be back this time next year, try to have your crop harvested by then

7. This is interesting, has anyone tried it? I feel like the bleach would just kill it but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

8. There is a popular and generalized  vid ...let me find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jE7qzfgQs

9. #9 BadAxe, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    I lost my entire last grow to mold. I threw it all away, even the buds I saw none on. I asked and asked and researched, and came to the conclusion that there was no way I wanted to smoke 5 to 6 times a day for the next 4 months with weed that was moldy. It would turn into a mental nightmare with me, even if nothing physically bad happened. It would be on my mind everytime i smoked it. So I F-ed up  for the first time in 4 years of growing and got mold. I threw it all away, I have been buying weed for the first time in 4 years, and I am 3 weeks away from my new harvest and I can not WAIT. lol.

But for me, I just couldn't do it. We have all smoked moldy weed at one time or another. But I think there is a big difference to mold here and there, and smoking it multiple times a day for months and months; So, not judging anyone else, just relating my story. I am happy with my decision. Just a bit poorer from it. :)