PLEASE HELP. I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY DOG

Discussion in 'Pets' started by CrowClaw, Sep 4, 2013.

1. My dog has been dry heaving for about 2 weeks. Its like he is trying to throw up but nothing comes up. I really want to take him to the vet but I cant afford it right now. He is eating and drinking just fine but every hour or so he makes a scary noise like he is trying to throw up. My brother swears there a bone caught in his throat, but if there was wouldn't that make it so he couldn't eat.
    My dog is an 8 year old Pitbull and has never had any major health problems before. Im really worried and Im going to take him to the vet as soon as I can afford it but they want 90 bucks just to look at him and like 300 bucks for an x-ray.

2. #2 Gizelle, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  3. I asked my friend, she is awesome with animals and I made her read it she said this...

Your dog might've ate something like a coin and he might be trying to puke it out, cats eat stupid things all the time I see no reason why a dog wouldn't.

Try rubbing its belly to help it with something that could be stuck.

4. my dog does often, he has leichmaniosis. you should bring him to the vet as fast as you can. and look if he allways eat drink and shit normal, everything can indicate a illnes. is he vacinated at least?

5. Yes my dog is vaccinated.  I havent been able to take him to the vet. I really wish i could but every where i call wants 90 bucks just to look at him not including the cost of treatment. Ive been feeding him garlic every few days and his condition is much less severe. He still makes an odd noise (almost like he is snorting)  His condition really seem agitated when he smells other animals..

6. WTF?  Don't feed your dog garlic...it's toxic to them.

Go to the damn vet.  If you can't afford it, you shouldn't own a dog.

7. I read small amounts of garlic will help if he has kennel cough and it seems to be helping.

8. #8 CrowClaw, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  9. obviously you believe i am feeding my dog whole cloves on a daily basis
    read up a little
    http://www.boxer-rescue-la.com/kennelcough.html

10. the same thing happens to my dog because he eats too fast. so I started to feed him less food more often which helped. also your dog might have allergies. theres a ton of websites with lists of things dogs are allergic to. save up some money and take him to a vet.. cause it would be a shame if its something serious and you didn't know.

11. As soon as i get my income tax im gonna take him,regardless of the cost. I would take him now but i just dont have the money :(.i havent even bought any weed in quite a while thats how thin my cash is stretched. I mean i love to get high but i love my dog more.

12. I'm sorry to hear about your dog!! For the last couple days mine was sick too, wasn't getting up or drinking water..but now he's better. I don't know what to tell you,hopefully it'll pass!

13. my dogs done this before, nothing was wrong

14. have you tried looking for a differnt vet. some vets offer a free first office visit. some offer cheaper xrays, but $10 more for the office visit......

hope ur doggie feels beter

15. It could be he/she is eating to fast and has something stuck in its throat. My dog did this every time I took her for a walk and I was scared something was wrong, took her to the vet and paid good money to get told "your dog is eating to fast". But I'll admit, she took down that fucking bowl of food.

16. or rabies and OP is dead and/or wandering aimlessly down the street, eating sticks. :laughing:

17. Same thing happens to my pit he got a bone stuck in his throat and came out but the bone caused damage in his throat so he got an infection

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Our dogs do it all the time (4 14 year old Pomeranians so their gettin old) its just cause they're getting old, if its really bad we just give them a little bit of butter and it smooths their throat and stops the coughing and heaving.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

19. #19 Jobaclober420, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    This happens with my dog all the time.the best thing to do is give him the right stuff to eat so he CAN throw up.research what to give him and take with size into consideration.medical marijuana might be of help to doggenlow.GET HIM ON A HEALTHY DIET

NUUURTRIIITIONNNN.

Ps...what breed are we talking bawt

20. My dog is a bit old. Started dry heaving last couple days. Every now and then. Unsure of what the true cause is....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app