Please help I’m stumped

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Jaywalter, Oct 15, 2018.

1. So im on day 15 of my 2nd grow of Fastbuds Gorilla Glue auto Feminized, and I can’t figure out how to keep this plant healthy, I’ve only had these problems with this particular strain on the last grow.
    Ok first all the info.
    Medium: pure rockwool 4x4 cube
    Grodan brand
    Indoor
    Strain: fastbuds gorilla glue auto
    Lights: LED 2x qb288 v2 with meanwell 320h-2800c about 300watts
    Hanging about 18”s from top of plant
    Water 3 times a day for 1 min on a timer
    Using distilled water and nutes
    Feeding 440ppm at 5.7ph
    Runoff: 400ppm at 5.9ph
    Temps 77F at 50% humidity
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I thought my problem was ph fluctuations but I’ve been really anal and checked it before and after each feeding. I’m stumped I don’t know what else to do, please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Couple things come to mind; a) what kind of water are you using? b) is there solution getting on the lower foliage?
    I need to use a plastic container with the bottom cut out to build a wall between the feeder lines and the seedling.

I've been using clonex solution to feed my seedling lately starting at 5mL/L -> 10mL/L. I then go to 1/4 strength nutes (GH 3p or similar).

Just look at it though, looks calcium deficient (?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Using distilled water and no water is getting on the leaves
    I feed 3ml cal-mag, 2ml GH micro and bloom , and a pinch of epsom salt then I thinned it down to 400ppm with distilled water and ph the water to 5.7
    Does look like calcium but thought cal-mag fixed that [​IMG]i had the same problem with last grow and I thought was ph after doing some research so now I’m a ph hawk and it’s still happening. Anyone know if this strain needs extra calcium or if I have to mix nutes differently?

4. Ok, try 1) backing off ppm to 300, 2) stop adding epsom, 3) spray calmag solution on leaves (at night), increase pH to 6.0-6.1 where calcium is more available.
    The epsom shouldn't be needed and might be competing with the available Calcium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks I’ll try this, only thing I thought calcium in hydro was 5.9 and below? I’ll look more into this, your help is appreciated

6. I’m still stumped plants aren’t improving and I tried everything suggested any help would greatly be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG][​IMG]even my newer seedling (dark devil auto) is showing the same symptoms

7. The damage done will never be repaired. How is the newer growth?

Did you use the calmag? No improvement? And all strains showing it... so its not genetics.
    How do the roots look?

• Like Like x 1
  8. The newer growth looks good then a few days later when the leaves are fully formed and operational that’s when the spots start to form. I’ve always used cal mag, I tried to foliage feed as well in addition to using 5ml/gal in feed water [​IMG]the roots look healthy to me

9. Raise your ph and up the calmag. GG4 is a calmag whore. I grew photos and couldn’t satisfy their thirst.

8700F2D6-10BF-46D0-8E3E-ACBB5CEAFB20.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Are those roots ok? They look discolored. May want to add an inoculant like hydroguard (example). I don't; I add 1mL/L 30%H2O2 to prevent root rot.

11. @Soil2Coco Do you know if the optimum PH level or the PH level at which point certain nutrients are taken up at changes from soil to hydro/coco?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The roots sticking out the bottom look like that bc they are exposed to air that’s the point of the gro cube the roots air prune themselves the new root growth is rapid, as far as the color I’m unsure I think it’s from the runoff [​IMG]

13. I've been growing for 10+ years and use cubes plenty; the roots are always white unless they are rotting or drying out. They look like they need to be transplanted. Your root tips are collapsing. Consider adding silica.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The root tips that stick out the bottom are supposed to stay white even though they are exposed to air and light? The the bottom of my cube sits on a flipped cube cap and on a grate, the bottom is exposed. In your opinion you think I have root rot issues? Where do I find silica for hydro?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Here are some update photos @ day 28. I hope these leaves stay green like this I made a couple of adjustments. I raised the PH to 6.1 and added another 5ml/gal of calmag to feed water am also spraying leaves 2x a day with calmag solution and I think it’s working but I am understandably skeptical. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Good job, it looks as if you are following the tips from others well. Your coloring on the leaves seems to have improved.

Sent from my Z835 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Update day @DAY 35/ 5 weeks old things still looking good I haven’t changed the res yet it’s been 2 weeks [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    My Dark Devil started to flower already as well it’s one week behind the GG and I’m wondering if it will get any bigger than this it’s pretty small [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Gotta clean that res out every 7 days mate. Its not optional. Neither is sm90 or something similar to keep the res clean and roots healthy.
    I use sm90, makes over 3000L for £20 so not exactly expensive and lets me run the res upto 31*c before I get any issues.
    Seen someone mention scilica there too. That's a fantastic product too. Same dose as sm90. 40ppm is all you need so again makes over 3000 litres for only £10 and the difference is night and day.
    Can just about tie them in knots before they'll snap. Makes em sturdy, flexible as fuck and helps to put beasties off.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1