Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Please help.. Heart beating fast/anxiety from weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by haighy101, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hello I'm going to preface this as very long so please bare with me i really do need some help i can't find the answer anywhere/ none of my friends or people i know can help me.
    Im 18 years old and prior to 4 months ago i was able to smoke fine/ as much as i wanted and had no problems whatsoever. before 4 months ago i had been smoking for about 3 years on and off but quite regularly not really taking that many breaks.life was sweet. then around march time of this year i was on a come down from some ecstasy i had done the night before and i had work the whole day and was looking forward to my smoke when i got home. i got home rolled myself a nice fat joint as normal drove out smoked in a carpark with my girlfriend chilled then drove home. when i got home i was chilling on the sofa and got these weird sensations in my chest which still to this day i can't describe to anyone. but to try put a picture in your head its like something very light and airy like a cloud trying to escape from my lungs out of my mouth. then i noticed my heart was beating really fast and i freaked the fuck out. i got up from the sofa paced around the house told my girlfriend that something was wrong kept feeling my pulse which was about 130-150 can't remember exact and i know thats not fast in terms of what is actually dangerous but its scared the fuck out of my as i had never experienced anything like it. i ran outside could feel the pulse in my neck and just in general thought at any moment my heart was going to stop and i was going to die/ pass out/ have a heart attack etc. after about 20 minutes feeling on the verge of death it stopped and i calmed down. after this i chilled from weed for a few days before smoking again a smaller joint and from this point onwards the fixation/obsession with my heart began constantly feeling it when i smoked seeing how fast it increased and fearing out. after the first panic attack i smoked 2 more times and it happened again but not as bad so from this i thought there was a problem with the actual smoking process i.e combustion so i looked online and brought a vaporiser (mflb to be precise). i stopped smoking cigs and weed from this point and the vape seemed fine. i could take 2-3 hits be pretty stoned and not freak out of have a pulse too high which caused severe anxiety. however on a few occasions i hit the vape too many times and the high pulse and impending sense of doom came back and it was horrific, so from this i knew my limits and didn't ever go to hard on the vape. as a side note due to the incident from the first panic attack i went to a cardiologist which did tests and a heart monitor and it came back 100% fine. however at the back of my mind i always/ still do thnk something is wrong with my heart. Then came the worst moment I've had to date in my life. i was at a party and was on about 3 and a half pills (xtc) (nothing unormal to what I've done in the past) and my mate offered me a spliff, not thinking and caught up in the moment and love of the drug i accepted and smoked with him on the dance floor i then went upstairs and sat with my girlfriend and i had the weirdest i mean weirdest sensations coming from my chest as i described at first, i started losing sesnse of reality and everything went fucked i was running around thinking i was having a heart attack i started choking thinking my lungs were filling with blood. it got so bad my girlfriend called the ambulance i was freaking out like shit. they came i went in swearing uncontrollably saying i was going to die etc then did and ecg and my heart was 130 bpm no problems just high from the drugs. and imo from that moment its fucked my with drugs and anxiety. i came down the next day and everything was fine from then on did touch weed again only small bits out of my vape as i knew the incident was caused by smoking the joint after not smoking for ages mixed with the mandy. On 2 more occasions maybe a month after this incident then a couple weeks later than that i tried to smoke weed again and i had a big joint in my car then about 5 minutes after smoking my pulse went crazy could feel it in my neck my vision went blurry thought i was going to die again until after 25 mins it came back to normal. anyway after quitting weed completely i still have this fixation on my heart always notice it and feeling it to see if its going fast or not. I've stopped going to the gym as when i was working out i could feel my heart beating really fast and i started getting dizzy and thought i was going to pass out. or when i walk up the stairs i can feel my heart increase and its puts me on edge the whole time. furthermore leading to anxiety and about a month ago i got my first panic attack out of nowhere driving my mum home from a family event and i got a weird sensation in my chest and my heart started pounding i got quite dizzy had to pull over was awful. then they kept happening and getting worse and worse coming out of no where, while I'm at work, while I'm sitting on the sofa, playing playstaion, with my girlfriend. i can't fucking deal with them I've been to a and e (er room for you americans) and called the ambulance 3 times as when it comes on its horrific i think I'm going to die or pass out or suffocate any second. and as of the last 3 weeks i can no longer vape my ecig smoke a cig do any ecstasy, nos (laughing gas(nitrous oxide) as anything that stimulates my heart in the slightest sets my off with awful anxiety causing my to constantly check my pulse and makes me feel on edge like shit.

right so sorry for the ramble but i need to get this off my chest no one understands my fucking pain and its getting my down so much. i can't drink smoke or do anything without awful anxiety and incased heart rate. I'm wondering if its all in my head due to my fixation with my heart and any time it increases I'm just aware, or because of the incident when i smoked the joint on the pills maybe that fucked something up in my brain. not to mention last semptember i went though bullying at school and used weed as an escape so maybe my problems are catching up with me or i don't know.

i want to be able to smoke weed again, i love marijuana its so beautiful, it helped me de stress enjoy djing, enjoy good music , enjoy good food and have some amazing times with my friends. i really want to be able to smoke again I've read to many things online about heart rate increase and its natural and a side effect i know it is and i just never noticed it before but now every time its just such a fast heart beat feelings of awful anxiety, can't sit still etc.

ps i love festivals and always do MDMA at festivals and had one last weekend and prior to that hadn't done any in a while. i know it speeds up my heart and was v nervous to do it as i knew id probably have and anxiety attack or panic attack again so i took a tiny bit and bombed it and 20 mins later i freaked out and had to sit in the welfare tent for half hour them calming me down saying I'm not going to die etc went out was good did a bit more and it happened over and over again. i want to know why i can't do drugs anymore i know they are bad etc and maybe i shouldn't do them after all but its something i enjoy doing and have had no problem doing before in the past.

lastly i am healthy no health defects just quite unfit.

i appreciate if someone actually manages the time to read any give some advice/ help would really appreciate it don't know where to turn.

2. Bro OK you might have heart problems not because the weed maybe high blood pressure do you take pills/steroids

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. No i don't I've been to the doctors about 5 times and hospital 4 times and they said its anxiety. I'm seeing a therapist at the moment for it. when the attacks happen I'm never short of breath/ never had chest pain and my blood pressure is normal had it checked many times

• Like Like x 1
  4. The only way to overcome anxiety is through understanding and riddance of fear. You gotta realize how small we are in the universe and how nothing matters at all, the future hasnt arrived yet and the worst thing that can happen is death which we can only expect is around every corner. The world coukd be ending and you can be laughing with a big doob and some sunglasses or we can feel sorrow every time an obstacle gets in the way, but fear is only present when we agknowledge it. We fear wat we dont understand, and instead of partying you should have used your mind opening experiences to focus on concepts and ask more questions about the world, nit ti mention that x is like taking ice cream scoops out of your brain. I chose a different arrangement of drugs, but my sincere advice, is to smoke weed alone, only take a hit every few minutes, but try to remove your mind from constant preoccupation, by doing this, watching the grass grow is literally as entertaining as a crazy party ir whatever. Without spirituality life is unbalanced and we're stuck on low frequency and no control of our emotions. But utilize the time that you're high to forget the workd around you, maybe take a walk into nature, and accept that you never have to go back homec from this very moment in time, you can tell everyone goodbye, relieve yourself from reality, refuse ti feel guilty about people you make cry ("self inflicted misery), and let go of everything that you think yiu own. The best advice ti recieve is to take yiur own advice (rae sremmurd knows whats up). You may not be keen of the idea of God, but God is what we make of it, and its "the light in the darkness". Everything around us is metaphoric, the illuminati wants ti keep everyone low frequency and afraid to question their reality, "dont gi towards the light" they stsrted that one, and its not after you die- heaven and hell are states of mind, esrth is both heaven and hell and fear is the only thing that divides them. No matter what factors play a role in your physicality, everything is mind over matter. Be your own God, choose your own path instead of asking another being to carve it out, because they always lesd you into a ditch and you'll be dragging yourself back out again. Fear, deception, and the 7 deadly sins are the things that control us, you can't trust anyone or anything- trust goes in yourself to read into situations and know what the right choice is, and polite society is the most deceptive thing, your close friends hurt you the most by lying to you because theyre afraid to hurt the people that they dont want to lose, with the truth. best of luck

5. Its just all in your head man. Your not having heart attacks its normal for increased heart rate and your just over thinking it. Its really not a big deal its just all in your head next time it happens just do something to take your mind off of it

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cannabinoid sensitivity/ intoleramce for sure. Your cannabinoid system is an intricate and complex part of your nervous system. It changes and develops well into adulthood from what is understood so far in mammals. Your low tolerance is combining with your sensitivity to THC or other compound and it's causing your nervous system to react like it's being poisoned. The body does this by activating the metabolism to try pushing it out through the liver or stomach, in order to do this it raises your heart rate and blood pressure, and will also cause nausea to encourage vomiting.
    When your intolerance is severe you will get very sick from smoking weed no matter what you do. For others the effects aren't as bad. I have known people who could smoke as teens and in their mid thirties they get sick.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. My better half suffers from anxiety and panic attacks. She refuses to try any cannabis whatsoever. She's worried it will make her worse, because she read that somewhere. She's never had a puff of anything in her life (52 yrs).
    I am relatively healthy and smoke daily, but she won't try it. It is frustrating for me, as I want her to try it and see if it will help her, or make her condition worse. But I think we'll never find out. Unfortunate.

8. And emergency dept at hospital get irritated when you go to get help, even after waiting 4-6 hours for someone to look at you.:(

9. It's just anxiety bro. Nothing wrong, weed can increase your heart rate an shit when you smoke it seen? So just relax when you toke let all worries just slide on out and chill homie. It's all gonna be irie.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Tell your doctor he'll prescribe you with xanax. There pills used to stop coming panic attacks. I used to have anxiety when I first started smoking but then I realized that weed naturally raised your heart rate and that no one has died from weed so being scared of it is pointless keep smoking bro nothing is wrong with you. Your doctor already said so lol I know how real anxiety can be but it's something your gonna have to learn to overcome

11. Pop a couple of pepper corns works for me:thumbsup:

12. Xanax is highly addicting to the point where you would have anxiety every time you don't take one. My dr. gave them to me because I was waking up too early. I took them to go back to sleep. Pretty soon, I noticed that if I didn't take one if I didn't wake up too early, I felt like a nervous wreck. I had to cut them up into tiny pieces to wean myself off.
    I don't know where you live, whether you can buy strictly Indica. Sativa can make your anxiety worse. Indica should calm you down.

Stay off the other stuff, dude. Can't you see that's what's causing you problems? A couple hits off your MFLB and you said you do okay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone didn't know that people out there that have no idea or my circumstances would offer such nice help and advice. Still struggling with the anxiety and heart palpitations from time to time but I'm gonna stick off weed till I get better

• Like Like x 1
  14. Get off the XTC. SURPRISE but what you kids are getting these days IS NOT REAL XTC.

You are getting panic attacks...probably from all the drugs. You must experiment with the process of elimination. You cut out the drugs one by one and see if you feel different...then afterwards you will fall off the wagon and start doing those drugs again...then BINGO you will know what drug it was that set you off.

Been the ER for panic attacks myself. I feel your pain.

Maybe don't smoke blunts. TAKE ONE HIT then wait for an hour or two. See how you feel.

15. When I had a very low tolerance I would always get anxiety when I smoked. Just smoke less and relax when you have this feeling. Its not like you're going to die. If it's to bad and you're freaking out eat something sugary and take a shower. (Showers always seem to kill my buzz which is why I smoke afterwards)

16. I have had the same problem all my life. Last year Neil Young was in Rolling Stone magazine stating he also had lived all his life with the same anxiety problems with cannabis occasionally.
    He explained that using black pepper, he sucks on a few peppercorns, I use ground , 2 packets worth of fast food pepper does the trick.
    Recently though, I have found that the underlying cause is really Magnesium deficiency. There are threads on here about it if you search for anxiety and magnesium.
    I stumbled on it by accident, after taking some milk of magnesia for constipation this month. Later when I smoked some buds, I noticed right away that I was not having my normal anxiety problems. So I did a google search and right away found others who said exactly that it was my magnesium levels that was deficient.
    I have come to the conclusion that throughout my life it was my magnesium levels that fluctuated, causing me to have problems with weed that I did not have before, and could never understand what was causing it until this month.
    Weed also lowers your blood sugar, so consuming sugar or food will alleviate problems such as these too.
    However it is really the mag def. that causes it, and I no longer need pepper or sugar when smoking now.

Try it, you will be happily stoned.